GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

It's the subtle cosmetic mods I like... POST YOURS

Bassman

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Alright...good news...got the old one popped out using a screwdriver to get leverage and pull it up.

Question....did you just cut off the adapter to rewire?

I have three wires into adapter...two for 12v and one for the light ring around the old 12V socket/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MY 2017 does not have the light, only just 2 wires. Ground and positive.
I used these crimp connectors to make me a little adapter wire so I did not cut the adapter off.
I hope this helps.

jimboski10

Ready to race!
MY 2017 does not have the light, only just 2 wires. Ground and positive.
I used these crimp connectors to make me a little adapter wire so I did not cut the adapter off.
I hope this helps.

Roger that....makes sense...thank you again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Jimbo, that’s super cool

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Bought some Nokya hyper yellow DRLs...not sure how I feel so far but it was like a $30 mod. Also bought some yellow lamin-x fog light covers to match the DRLs, haven’t put them on yet.

Here are some before/after photos. They are much yellower in person, my phone camera doesn’t do a good job of capturing it well. Interested to hear feedback

Lvetterling

Ready to race!
Bought some Nokya hyper yellow DRLs...not sure how I feel so far but it was like a $30 mod. Also bought some yellow lamin-x fog light covers to match the DRLs, haven’t put them on yet.

Here are some before/after photos. They are much yellower in person, my phone camera doesn’t do a good job of capturing it well. Interested to hear feedback

It is hard to see the yellow. But, yellow is my favorite color on headlights/running lights. Looks awesome to me! I tried yellow film since I have performance headlights and got pulled over within a month. Looked great, but not worth the hassle here in Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
It is hard to see the yellow. But, yellow is my favorite color on headlights/running lights. Looks awesome to me! I tried yellow film since I have performance headlights and got pulled over within a month. Looked great, but not worth the hassle here in Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's weird, I can't seem to get it to show up well in photos, but in person it is a lot more apparent. I'll try to take a better photo tomorrow.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Do you have the link to those by any chance?

Probably best to PM the member you quoted since post was from Aug 2017...

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
It's weird, I can't seem to get it to show up well in photos, but in person it is a lot more apparent. I'll try to take a better photo tomorrow.

Okay, got a little better photo tonight after a wash. I’m starting to really like it.