GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Plugs

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys, I know there has been some debate on what plugs to use when you are running a tune or JB4....my car has been idling slightly low, around 700 at times and I am curious what the best safest option of plug there is out there? I have heard the iridiums are good and the brisk silvers in other posts....any opinions? I'm at 22k miles on stock plugs with about 10k running JB4

Thanks

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Hey guys, I know there has been some debate on what plugs to use when you are running a tune or JB4....my car has been idling slightly low, around 700 at times and I am curious what the best safest option of plug there is out there? I have heard the iridiums are good and the brisk silvers in other posts....any opinions? I'm at 22k miles on stock plugs with about 10k running JB4

Thanks

Are you running aggressive setting on the JB4?

They usually recommend colder plugs when going stage 2. I’d recommend Brisk Silvers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I’d wait till you do the downpipe and adjust Jb4 accordingly. Rule of thumb is one step colder plug for every 100hp you increase

I prefer OEM RS7 plugs, but brisk is another popular option as mentioned above

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
I’d wait till you do the downpipe and adjust Jb4 accordingly. Rule of thumb is one step colder plug for every 100hp you increase

I prefer OEM RS7 plugs, but brisk is another popular option as mentioned above

I'm going to put them in at the same time I install your DP :)

Hans

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R
I replaced my stock plugs with stock plugs at ~30k. Since the change, I've done Stage 1, 2, now 2+ (IS38) on Unitronic tunes with no drama. Another datapoint to consider.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
You know i have seen everyone jumping on the more expensive plug bandwagons and cannot say enough that the IKH24 's have been great for me. I have ran the Brisks and while they were good, they required more regapping and had a higher price than the Desnos. This is good for me because i can find the IKH24s in stock for cheap, but feel bad everyone thinks they need to run $10-$20 plugs.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
how often are you/have you replaced them?

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
I've tried all the three popular choices in order. I settled on rs7s. They seem to run a tad smoother and have less misfires than brisks or other colder iridium's. However, they degrade much much faster. I change every 12k maybe 11k just to be safe and regap at oil change interval. Regapping is crucial to optimal engine performance especially at stage two levels.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
For those running RS7s and the others, where do you order from for the best deal? Can you give me some links? Thanks

People909

Ready to race!
Can anyone say how many miles plugs are good for, and after how many miles they should be changed. I have the stage 1 eurodyne, are stock plugs fine, or should i be running different plugs?

drrck

Go Kart Champion
For those running RS7s and the others, where do you order from for the best deal? Can you give me some links? Thanks

I use DAP b/c Paul is a good guy and his prices are fair. I also like the DIY videos they freely contribute on YouTube.

shopdap.com

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Can anyone say how many miles plugs are good for, and after how many miles they should be changed. I have the stage 1 eurodyne, are stock plugs fine, or should i be running different plugs?

This is going to vary depending on a dozen factors.

My stock plugs lasted 19k miles (17k tuned) before idle quality and drivability were compromised.

With the bigger turbo and more boost, I'm not even getting 10k.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
George at BMS will recommend stock plugs. You just have to gap them tighter to about .024-.026.