GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Canadian GTI Lease Takeover - Price of a golf!

xtreemboarder

Canadian GTI Lease Takeover - Price of a golf! Will pay lease transfer!

Lease takeover - GTI for the price of a Golf! Will pay lease transfer fee!

Car is fully loaded with the exception of leather seats. Automatic DSG transmission and Technology Package (Navigation). Car is jam-packed with features; too many to list.

I had 20% tints put all around with lifetime warranty from Audioheaven (well reputed shop) ~ cost approx. $300. Tint's can be seen in the last picture.

Here are the details:
Payment before tax: $353.98
Payment after tax: $400.00
Down Payment Amount: $158.86 (to even the payment to $400 after tax)
Residual: $18,192.50
Lease Start Date:November 25, 2014
Lease End Date: November 25, 2018
Annual KM Allowance: 20,000 ~ with 12,000 on the odometer the new lessee will effectively have an allowance of approximately 21,000 per annum.

Car is parked in an underground condo garage.

Takeover my lease with only 38 months remaining. This deal is now hard to get from a dealer because the residual's have dropped since.

PM, text (416-669-8766), or respond to kijiji ad for more information.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/markham-york-region/loaded-2015-volkswagen-gti-5-door-autobahn-incomparable-deal/1090840791

Last edited:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Like I posted in the other lease takeover ad....

Don't know if it's different in Canada or not, but in the US (thru VW Credit) you aren't able to fully transfer the lease over

You're still liable (regardless) and they just add the new "owner" to your account.
If they don't pay though, you're held responsible still

Just something to think about and/or investigate

xtreemboarder

Like I posted in the other lease takeover ad....

Don't know if it's different in Canada or not, but in the US (thru VW Credit) you aren't able to fully transfer the lease over

You're still liable (regardless) and they just add the new "owner" to your account.
If they don't pay though, you're held responsible still

Just something to think about and/or investigate

I called today and they said you are fully released from all responsibility. Doesn't make sense anyway. How can one be responsible for a debt of something he isn't enjoying?... ask yourself that. Double check your sources.

The only thing I know one can assume the debt of without enjoying the physical asset is real estate. One can co-sign a mortgage and not be living in the property or being on the title. Car's aren't that important or complicated...

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I called today and they said you are fully released from all responsibility. Doesn't make sense anyway. How can one be responsible for a debt of something he isn't enjoying?... ask yourself that. Double check your sources.

The only thing I know one can assume the debt of without enjoying the physical asset is real estate. One can co-sign a mortgage and not be living in the property or being on the title. Car's aren't that important or complicated...

:rolleyes:

Again, like I already said, this is in the US & not sure if it's different in Canada but my "sources" are correct. ;)

Per VW Credit, under "My Account" in the FAQ under General:

"Can I transfer my lease to another party?

Yes, although Volkswagen Credit is not able to relinquish liability for those individuals currently on the account. In other words, we are able to add an additional party to your account to assume liability, but you, along with any other person who signed the original financial contract, would continue to remain responsible for the account.
This process is called Lease Assumption, and it typically takes 4 to 6 weeks to complete.
To begin this process, the person you wish to add to your account must fill out a credit application and submit a $100 non-refundable fee. Upon credit approval, we will send you the initial paperwork to begin the process to add this person to your account.
If you'd like assistance, please contact Volkswagen Credit at 800-428-4034, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Eastern."

AND

http://www.swapalease.com/help/lease-company.aspx?leaseco=47
Does Originial Lessee Remain Liable? YES