GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear suspension noise - are you affected?

Is your Mk7 Golf affected by rear suspension noise - Yes/No?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Please only answer if you already have a Mk7 Golf.

Is your car affected by rear suspension noise - besides voting lease post and state model.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
SE 1.4TSi 122PS DSG - No.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Please identify yourself when you vote - there's a "Yes" vote which is anonymous.

Essjay

Ready to race!
I've voted yes, but in hindsight I'm wondering if I'm being a bit over critical, coming from a Honda CRV whose suspension was silent.:confused:

Edit: sorry Rob, I was composing my reply as you posted.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Thanks - if you're not happy, guess it's a "Yes".

pcr

Ready to race!
Yes for mine, it's a 1.4 act. I also had another 1.4 act which was also noisy.
The noise is a hollow sort of pattering and only noticable at slow speed (say below 20 mph) over a rough surface. I believe it is what the internet refers to as a "loose lumber" noise.

Rf860

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes for mine, it's a 1.4 act. I also had another 1.4 act which was also noisy.
The noise is a hollow sort of pattering and only noticable at slow speed (say below 20 mph) over a rough surface. I believe it is what the internet refers to as a "loose lumber" noise.

Exactly the noise I get. If others don't get it, there must be a fix.

burso

Ready to race!
Yes - 1.4 TSI 122PS. I can hear it but it's not something to make me go to the dealer. There isn't a fix anyway so I live with it.

Johnhoward

Passed Driver's Ed
GT 140 ACT manual. Confirmed by dealer who will 'let me know as soon as there is a repair available' Admitted they had many customers with the same problem.

Luddite

Ready to race!
Just voted a no. My sympathy with those affected and I'm hoping nothing develops for me.