GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Rollback50k1

Ready to race!
Intense and time consuming for sure. Nicely done

Yes and no. My friend and I tackled the car together (he has a Rubes DA and a cheaper DA which I was using. We also had a system going where I would apply the Cquartz on one panel while he wiped it off another panel)
Thanks! Waiting on some P&S Bead Maker and CarPro Reset for maintenance washes (can wash it for a few days)

Yes.

And that's after sways, coilovers, and bushings

Wait so no significant difference before sways, coils and bushings?

-Martin

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Wait so no significant difference before sways, coils and bushings

The brace went on today so I couldn't test it in the past, but now it feels like I'm driving a sedan [emoji106]

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Intense and time consuming for sure. Nicely done

Yea no shit. I've got all the stuff, da tons of pads, polish, clay, ceramic coating, blah blah. The car could use it too. But I did the whole thing once before 10 years ago and it was annoying and tedious. I find even a full wash and wax detail tedious. I think the only way it gets done this time is if I space the whole thing out over a week and use my motorcycle to get around in the interim.

Beyond that, I can't take anymore of the all season shit that came brand new on the car. It will take me at least 3 years to wear them enough to justify replacing them on that basis.

Ordered up some continental extreme contact 18 235 40 today. They go on next weekend. I'm ready to see how mad this car has been hobbled all this time.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
RSe52s! Next mod will be some lows. But first off to Oklahoma for FAA air traffic controller training! 1100 miles each way and I'll be there for 3 months. Leaving tomorrow early morning, super pumped!

So are we going to see a red wagon on some 1320 videos?

ghalbart85

Passed Driver's Ed
The brace probably makes a bigger difference because you stiffened the suspension so much. My guess is most people wouldn't notice a brace as much on a stock suspension.
I'll say. On my past cars. Yes not as rigid but good for the time the addition of the rear strut brace made a nice addition. Past cars included several corrado, a mk4 gti, and focus svt.

I will say I won't be adding one to the gti since it does take away from what you can put in the rear. Sure you can make it work, but kind of annoying.

Oh added a cts catted DP to the car yesterday. That added some more fun. Much more responsive with some nice added sound. Have a stock cat back. Only other thing is jb1 setup.

Have a 7.5 performance pack car and the install is only slightly different from mk7 in that there is no heat shield to remove, just the downpipe bracket. The whole thing was done on ramps. Simple procedure. Biggest part was actually just removing the pipe. Just had rotate it clockwise and finagle past the Vaq. Was not an issue though, just patience. Btw I used the cts pdf instructions and dap video of the unitronics dp. More just for guidelines as it's all straight forward. Reinstall of the new dp is about 10 min lol.

Used the cts cel eliminate spacer. I have no delusions that this a guarantee but just wanted to do everything possible to avoid a cel.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zb2vsBErHM-2IXbVQMcPOamI2MNu7iHy/view?usp=drivesdk

Last edited:

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
Installed the Fuel-It! Bluetooth flex fuel analyzer. It was a pain to get one of the clamps off on the passenger side though. But was able to get it loose.

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
I'll say. On my past cars. Yes not as rigid but good for the time the addition of the rear strut brace made a nice addition. Past cars included several corrado, a mk4 gti, and focus svt.

I will say I won't be adding one to the gti since it does take away from what you can put in the rear. Sure you can make it work, but kind of annoying.

The brace unblots in about 2 minutes, but it isn't a concern since I can count on one hand the number of times I've needed the full cargo area.
A couple BRZ deals fell through before I picked up the MK7, maybe that can explain my obcession with handling.
One thing is for sure, my 90lb chocolate lab appreciates the extra space in the GTI

Today I stripped out the rear interior in preparation to apply Noico branded 80mil butyl and 170mil foam vibration and sound deadener. I previously installed butyl in the spare wheel well and it both improved the sound system and lowered noise. It provided a decent improvement just with the vibration reducer, while only 20% coverage is recommended I wanted extra mass for the subwoofer. I'm expecting a big improvement after covering the rear wheel wells. This will be one step closer to my ideal touring hatch

ghalbart85

Passed Driver's Ed
The brace unblots in about 2 minutes, but it isn't a concern since I can count on one hand the number of times I've needed the full cargo area.
A couple BRZ deals fell through before I picked up the MK7, maybe that can explain my obcession with handling.
One thing is for sure, my 90lb chocolate lab appreciates the extra space in the GTI

Today I stripped out the rear interior in preparation to apply Noico branded 80mil butyl and 170mil foam vibration and sound deadener. I previously installed butyl in the spare wheel well and it both improved the sound system and lowered noise. It provided a decent improvement just with the vibration reducer, while only 20% coverage is recommended I wanted extra mass for the subwoofer. I'm expecting a big improvement after covering the rear wheel wells.

Nice. 2 min is quick. I fill my hatch and have the seats down often with surf and kiteboard gear si it's not ideal for me.

Used the noico insulation on my miata. It worked well. I do have a bunch left over.

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Nice. 2 min is quick. I fill my hatch and have the seats down often with surf and kiteboard gear si it's not ideal for me.

Used the noico insulation on my miata. It worked well. I do have a bunch left over.

The wheel well carpet liner comes out with a few simple steps. I say put it to good use!

jdmaldo

First time on this forum. Just did some cosmetic work today on my new ride. Smoked headlights and front badge. Vinyl wrapped front chrome. Painted back emblem and added plaid inlay to match interior. Blacked the tail pipes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk