GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 SE Pricing?

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
32.3k, it's an SE with leather package.

If $24800 is the final dealer price (excluding TTL and including dealer fee, etc, etc), its a great deal with $7500 discount.

Check the battery & tires and make sure they dont have any issues as they might have sat in the dealer lot for a long time.

Oscar LaVista

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE 6MT
So would 24,800 before TTL for an SE w/ leather and monster mats (6MT) be a good or a great price?

I'm torn between saving some $ and going for the S and saying 'screw it' and spending the extra 2-3k on the SE. I don't NEED leather seats or the infotainment screen but the better lights and LSD seem like legit upgrades, especially since we get snow in the winter.

Yeah, you want the SE. The only reason not to get one is if you absolutely won't accept a sunroof. I'd have preferred plaid in mine but it is what it is.

I paid $27850 + TTL for my 18 SE 6MT leather in July. Dealers are motivated to get rid of them before their incentives from VW expire at the end of this month iirc (I'm sure I read this somewhere recently but I don't see it in the incentive thread. Maybe it was on that other forum) Anyway, that's a _very_ respectable price IMO, though you could try getting it down further if they're really motivated. But I think you can sleep just fine at night if you pay $24800 now.

Does it have any miles? Mine had 96. I know it got transferred from one location of my dealer group to another. I just try not to think about the other 70 miles.

Oscar LaVista

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE 6MT
Wait, is this car new or used? If it's used, no, you can find a new one for that if you work at it.

cinderbike

Ready to race!
Bought it yesterday... Glad I did not settle for the S. Liking all the extras. Not sure I’m missing out on much not going AB. SE seems like the sweet spot!

ktm137

Cinderbike, I'd been watching that GTI in UT, as well as the one I bought over the weekend in Missoula, MT - almost the same car, except cloth vs leather.

Mine had a few more miles on it, as I'd test drove it way back in November.

(from the Post your Deal thread):

Purchased in Missoula MT. Drove back to Sacramento

Dark Iron Blue, manual, cloth with auto dimming mirror (and monster mats)

$31,965 MSRP
$7550 off, including $500 SCCA partner program.

24415 before tax/title/license.

Kevin M.

cinderbike

Ready to race!
Glad I bought it when I did, then! ;)

Good deal yourself, with the auto-dimming mirror I think we both ended up at ~7500 off sticker. I originally wanted a cornflower blue Rabbit, but I would've ended up paying about the same (maybe a little more, even) with less features.

thomapa1

Passed Driver's Ed
Just paid $24,588 Before TTT on a 2018 GTI SE manual, leather, CPO with 10k miles on it.

I saw zero new 2018s in the region and this was the only CPO manual 2018 within over 500 miles of me (ATL)

They would not budge on price as they just lowered it.

$26,850 Out the door

Good thing you went with 2018 model vs 2019. We tested 3 2019 GTI models, all manual, the S, Rabbit and SE - they all had stalling issues. Original one was bought back by VW, the Rabbit and SE failed on test drive. VW has some serious issues with the 2019 model.