GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New DA polisher

HuangMoney

Go Kart Newbie
I ended up buying a barely used LHR15 mkII with the spacer mod, 5 rupes yellow pads 3 rupes white pads and a bottle of rupes polish for $350 shipped. I assumed I got a good deal, time to learn how to use a DA lol.

TechGuy32

Ready to race!
I ended up buying a barely used LHR15 mkII with the spacer mod, 5 rupes yellow pads 3 rupes white pads and a bottle of rupes polish for $350 shipped. I assumed I got a good deal, time to learn how to use a DA lol.

Practice on someone else's car first. ;)

Actually a DA polisher is pretty safe if you read up on how to use it properly.

HuangMoney

Go Kart Newbie
Practice on someone else's car first. ;)

Actually a DA polisher is pretty safe if you read up on how to use it properly.

I'm pretty thorough in my research, it's when things are supposed to be done by feel that sometimes i'm a little iffy lol. We have an old camry that could get a detail before its up for sale, so i'll probably start there :)

TheSkeptic

Ready to race!
Not to thread hijack, but I recently got the Meguiar's DA orbital, and nothing - I repeat NOTHING - has worked in attempting to correct swirls and scratches on my Tornado Red. I've tried Chemical Guys line, along with pretty much everything you can get at AutoZone. This paint is stubbornly hard, yet ridiculously prone to swirls. Almost all of which were from previous owner.

TechGuy32

Ready to race!
You might want to pursue a forum of pro detailers and inquire what chemicals they recommend if the pads and chems you're using aren't working. A DA is designed to polish without burning so it produces much lighter cutting action than a conventional high speed buffer. The pads also have a distinct impact on cutting action so you'll need the right ones for your DA along with the right chems.

TechGuy32

Ready to race!
I'm pretty thorough in my research, it's when things are supposed to be done by feel that sometimes i'm a little iffy lol. We have an old camry that could get a detail before its up for sale, so i'll probably start there :)

You'll be surprised what you learn. It's a lot of work to do a good job but the results can be amazing.