GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 R vs. 2016 R (throttle responsiveness)

Ghawkins

Ready to race!
Do both cars have DCC and if so were both in the same throttle setting? Also, others have suggested fuel as an issue. Were both fueled with 93 octane? Were both engines thoroughly warmed up? Were both in the same driving mode; Sport or Normal?

MrClean1

Do both cars have DCC and if so were both in the same throttle setting? Also, others have suggested fuel as an issue. Were both fueled with 93 octane? Were both engines thoroughly warmed up? Were both in the same driving mode; Sport or Normal?

As certain as one can be, the two cars were driven under identical conditions back to back, but now that I own this ‘15R, I’ll get even more seat time to determine what differences exist. I plan to pickup the (new to me) Golf R on Monday. :)

Appreciate the input thinking through this.

As I get more seat time to learn more, I’ll report back.

MrClean1

I went with the BMS pedal tuner, maaaaan what a difference from a stop. This thing gets DOWN! Definitely recommend!

Thanks for the feedback!

——

Update: Throttle & DSG Shifting
Besides noticing the throttle response differences (the ‘15 R being less responsive than the ‘16 R, I also noticed the DSG shifts harder in the ‘15 R than my wife’s ‘16 R - both upshifts and downshifts but most noticeable from 3rd down to 2nd while slowing down for a stop light.

Anyone else notice a somewhat abrupt or unsmooth downshift from 4-3 and/or 3-2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

replicate

Go Kart Newbie