GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cobb Accessport V3: Note on installing for the first time

mk7.dom

I came across the same issue 2 weeks ago. But for me, my AP did everything it needed to do, made it seem like the tune flashed and car was ready to go. Met up with my friend with his stage 2 Evo X (we raced when I was stock so I know the original gap) and got walked just like I did stock. Kinda embarrassed and pissed at what felt like no hp difference. Then I tried playing with the AP and looking at gauges or changing maps and it would give me errors something like the AP isn’t installed on the car. But the one thing it did let me check was my current map and it read stage 1+. I called up Cobb and they knew exactly what happened and said the Bluetooth screwed up my flash. They sent me a file to clear my AP and reflash my car. Put on stage 2 for redemption, and beat my buddies evo:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mk7.dom

I don’t see why not? I’m running the stage 3 91 OTS map currently with a stock intercooler, and holy hell its a raped ape.

How’s the car taking it? I’ve been curious to run it but the website says to have a Intercooler and downpipe. So haven’t pushed it as my dp is in the mail and Intercooler on the way soon

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Car did just fine for the couple of weeks that I used the STG 3 91 map. Installed the EQT turbo and have been working on the protune since.

xxbreezewoodxx

Passed Driver's Ed
Does anyone know what S1 high boost should boost ? I installed my Cobb and removed and sold the JB4, as of right now the Map 2 jb4 is stronger than the OTS High boost map.

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
When you guys say disable BT on the infotainment, would it be okay to just turn the HU off before the initial installation?

I’m thinking about ordering one this week. Thanks.

I didn't want to chance it, and just disabled bluetooth in infotainment. IIRC, my phone is still connected to the car even if the headunit is "off".

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
I didn't have to disable the Bluetooth in my car when I first installed my AP. Are you sure that was the issue?

I actually called Cobb, and they are the ones that told me the bluetooth module could be interfering. I just ran with that, because they said they had seen that with a few cars.

S1ack

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 R
Silly me, I turned off BT on the phone - left it on in infotainment. Had no issues

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I turned off BT and put my iPhone in airplane mode before starting the flash. Sat in the driver's seat and started the flash..waited, waited, waited.. Holy crap the flash took forever. Felt like I was in an airplane waiting to get home. In total it took 30min. (in contrast, my Subaru's initial reflash only takes a couple of minutes).

I'm running the 93 octane high boost and has a nice dose of power. But what I welcome more is its fast throttle response. I really dig it. AP is a win.

S1ack

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 R
Holy crap the flash took forever. Felt like I was in an airplane waiting to get home. In total it took 30min. (in contrast, my Subaru's initial reflash only takes a couple of minutes).

In the case of my E-Tuner, subsequent flashes are very, very, quick compared to the first. I had to get the shop to roll out a battery tender on my initial, base map flash.

I'm new to Cobb but the first flash time was on par with Unitronic.