GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

THE Helix Dongle Programming Rental Thread -- Part 2

Buster_Bluth

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes, it's been updated

You don't want the new file, it's meant for the European cars, and would defeat the purpose of installing the Helix anyways (sounds worse on our cars)
You want the 57 setting

Yes, send me a PM

I see. Where did you find that out if I may ask? I've tried contacting Volkswagen, and they have no idea about the 97 setting. I've emailed Audiotec-Fischer to inquire about it but haven't received a response yet.

PM sent

Last edited:

Buster_Bluth

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you. For anyone curious as I was, I emailed Audiotec Fischer regarding the 57 vs 97 code, and here was their reply:

“Thank you for your Mail.
The Setup No. 57 is the right one for your car.
Setup No 97 is only used for older models with the MIB 1 Version.”

Aphron

CW :)!
I received dongle today and will ship out tomorrow. After having sub sitting in wheel well and spare tire sitting in between back seat and back of passenger front seat, I received my order from ecs. Installed the longer center bolt and got extra nut to go with it. Installed wire harness to amp through hole in spare tire and had the open part of the spare wheel facing up, installed nut. Took off rubber feet on sub didn’t put screws back in as suggested, resting against rubber of tire anyway, plugged in harness and coded to 57. Reinstalled and sits flush on top of spare so nothing lost but so much gained. Before coding I thought my helix sounded awesome very clear and sub was back there but sounded rather weak unless it was on + 1 or 2 from center. After the code and adding the spare, it sounds like a solid 10” sub now, big difference! I actually turned the sub down to -1 but had to adjust the high to +2 as it did sound not as clear as before the code, like speakers were taking on more mids or bass than before program. Honestly still getting used to it but definitely super happy with result! Thanks for the thread and the ability to rent this, really balances out the system!