GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

soulrider4ever Build Thread

thecollieman

Love this build thread, thanks for all the work on putting the info for the rest of us to benefit from! I'm not ready for big turbo life yet, but I am going to do the fueling kit and associated hardware/tuning to go to 2+ on a 2018 Golf R. I've been wanting to run full E85 as that's what we have everywhere in Colorado, and then getting port injection

Any advice?

soulrider4ever

Ready to race!
OK just an update - with the transmission out we found that the main DSG/mechatronic connector had a broken tab so it's bulkhead style barrel lock wasn't fully engaged. The car is now shifting smoother than ever.

I then recently started getting some misfires, found out the coilpack was bad and it was slowly incinerating the spark plug in cylinder 1, replaced all coilpacks and plugs and she's running flawless now.

Did a compression test a couple days ago, 1-191psi, 2-188psi, 3-192psi, 4-190psi.

The engine is running strong and we are doing well. I am planning on going to the Pocono raceway in a month for the opening day slipstream event. I'll be sure to have some videos and draggy 60-130mph times then.

Love this build thread, thanks for all the work on putting the info for the rest of us to benefit from! I'm not ready for big turbo life yet, but I am going to do the fueling kit and associated hardware/tuning to go to 2+ on a 2018 Golf R. I've been wanting to run full E85 as that's what we have everywhere in Colorado, and then getting port injection

Any advice?

Yeah just go UM and PRW MPI with 1300cc, for LPFP go Iroz - it's expensive but it's the best. You technically won't *need* more than say the Walbro 525 with the stock turbo but if you can afford it, you won't regret having it.

soulrider4ever

Ready to race!
So I just finished installing the SuperSprint Sound pack "E.E.C" option - https://www.ecstuning.com/b-supersprint-parts/3-cat-back-exhaust-system-sound-pack/771830~ssp/

My initial impression is that it's the first exhaust I've had on my car that has absolutely zero drone, none - nada zip zilch. Pretty much perfect from a in-cabin sound... you will definitely have 0 issues with the wife with this exhaust. It's quiet... quieter than even my Scorpion exhuast I just pulled off (and is for sale now)... however when you get under load, the WOT sound is pretty freaking sweet sounding, very clean and burbly (if that's a sound lol) .. it's just a really nicely balanced sound for the car. I'm going to be keeping the supersprint exhaust on for awhile. I might try their 'Racing' exhaust version https://www.supersprint.com/ww-en/v...328474-rear-exhaust-racing-right-left.aspx#!/ down the road when I want a little more noise. Just not sure what it will do for the drone.

Overall I'm really happy with the SuperSprint exhaust, will keep you posted on any changes I make.

vw671

Autocross Newbie
So I just finished installing the SuperSprint Sound pack "E.E.C" option - https://www.ecstuning.com/b-supersprint-parts/3-cat-back-exhaust-system-sound-pack/771830~ssp/

My initial impression is that it's the first exhaust I've had on my car that has absolutely zero drone, none - nada zip zilch. Pretty much perfect from a in-cabin sound... you will definitely have 0 issues with the wife with this exhaust. It's quiet... quieter than even my Scorpion exhuast I just pulled off (and is for sale now)... however when you get under load, the WOT sound is pretty freaking sweet sounding, very clean and burbly (if that's a sound lol) .. it's just a really nicely balanced sound for the car. I'm going to be keeping the supersprint exhaust on for awhile. I might try their 'Racing' exhaust version https://www.supersprint.com/ww-en/v...328474-rear-exhaust-racing-right-left.aspx#!/ down the road when I want a little more noise. Just not sure what it will do for the drone.

Overall I'm really happy with the SuperSprint exhaust, will keep you posted on any changes I make.

$3,300??? Ouch!

SneakyDeeky

Ready to race!
Great build! Thanks for all the posts. How’s the car holding up?
Anything you’d recommend or do different for a UM Flex Fuel build with an RX550 turbo?
Im getting ready to build mine for a quick spool autocross build.
I have APR stage 2 now so it will still feel like a ton more power.