GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Where to get APR intercooler installed near Western, NC

Juggar

Ready to race!
I live in Franklin, NC. About 15 mins north of GA Border.

My big city options are basically,

Asheville.

Knoxville.

Atlanta.

And anywhere in between.

I need a good shop that has experience in installing intercoolers on GTI's. Id rather them have experience since I need it to be a day trip, id wait while they do the work.

I just picked up an APR intercooler at 20% off with the boost pipes as well, any recommendations are appreciated!

afive6troll

If u can make it to Raleigh I always recommend Black Forrest Industries. Great mechanics and excellent customer service.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Go Jake. Lots of folks have gone to him for a variety of installs, many ICs and exhaust installs. Hell, the guy MAKES the damn things for Christ's sake.

There are several enthusiasts that could assist with an install as well, ain't real hard for a direct replacement just time consuming. Depending on what a shop charges, might be a better/funner experience going that route, plus you get to learn more about your car. Unless you can't/won't get your hands dirty :D.

Juggar

Ready to race!
Just wanted to say I contacted Harmony motors in Asheville and they will do an intercooler install, they were familiar with the procedure.

They estimated 3 hours of shop time @ $113 an hour which is fair.

Getting it installed in a week. Just a heads up for any asheville/western NC area peeps that need installs.

spankye

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI Autobahn
Just wanted to say I contacted Harmony motors in Asheville and they will do an intercooler install, they were familiar with the procedure.

Getting it installed in a week. Just a heads up for any asheville/western NC area peeps that need installs.

Harmony is right down the street from me. They seem to do quite a bit of work like this and are a dealer for APR and AWE. My co-worker had his car flashed there and both he and I have had good experiences with the service staff.

JasonGti

who did you contact at the dealer? any particular person?