GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RSB bushing change

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I want to confirm that the rear suspension should be unloaded when changing RSB bushings.
Also, does is matter which way the bushing split edge faces?

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie
You really don't want the RSB to swing violently when you unload them when you disconnect them at the endlink, which can cause injury.

the bushing is shaped a specific way (like a D) so that it only fits one way into the bracket and against the subframe

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
You really don't want the RSB to swing violently when you unload them when you disconnect them at the endlink, which can cause injury.

the bushing is shaped a specific way (like a D) so that it only fits one way into the bracket and against the subframe
The bushing can be rotated 180 and go on the bar just fine. Hence my question about the proper orientation of the split edge.

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie
The bushing can be rotated 180 and go on the bar just fine. Hence my question about the proper orientation of the split edge.

When you put the bushing on, it doesn't matter, you just get it on however you can.

Where the split is facing when you bolt it up, it's controlled by the flat (which goes against the subframe) and the round (against the bracket).