GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R Brake Calipers

Kiwaczek

My 2018 Golf R came with Caliper Covers on the front but not on the rear brakes. Anyone knows if you could buy the rear covers with the "R" logo?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2966 (768x1024).jpg
    IMG_2966 (768x1024).jpg
    370.1 KB · Views: 732
  • IMG_2965 (744x1024).jpg
    IMG_2965 (744x1024).jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 558

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
I was just thinking about this the other day! Lol I couldn’t find anything when I searched online though

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
No. The rear calipers aren't built that way. The front covers won't fit/attach to the rear calipers, as the rear calipers weren't designed to have a cover attach to them.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Why the R doesn't come with Brembros or similar I still can't figure out besides VW penny pinching again. The TTS has direct bolt on calipers (just requires a small adjustment in wheel offset). Competitive cars (Focus RS, Civic type R, Stinger FT...) All come with Brembos on all 4 corners.

Come on, VW. The single piston floating calipers with a cover are shit for your Halo "sports car".

Last edited:

radoroc

Ready to race!
Why the R doesn't come with Brembros or similar I still can't figure out besides VW penny pinching again. The TTS has direct bolt on calipers (just requires a small adjustment in wheel offset). Competitive cars (Focus RS, Civic type R, Stinger FT...) All come with Brembros on all 4 corners.

Come on, VW. The single piston floating calipers with a cover are shit for your Halo "sports car".

I agree totally, the stock brakes are adequate for a stock car, not for a stage 2-3 car though.