GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

rear brake piston problem

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
Looks fine to me normally you keep turning and the boot will only rotate so much as the piston goes in.

TechGuy32

Ready to race!
If the boot is turning with the piston then you need to loosen it so it doesn't twist and stays straight so it doesn't tear. The rubber boot tends to adhere to the piston from heat and time but it can be freed-up by gently pulling on it with your fingers. The boot also has a fold in it so that when the piston is all the way recessed it has an accordion like look to it. This accommodates the full travel of the piston without tearing the boot when fully extended.

Banned
It just looks like its about tear to me, i tried wiggling it around to straighten it out but no go. I guess i'll spray some silicone tomorrow.

Banned
Fixed the boot luckily but now the piston isn't moving at all. i got like a few mm out of it at first now nothing to the point that im bending the piece to turn it with. Ebrake is off.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Fixed the boot luckily but now the piston isn't moving at all. i got like a few mm out of it at first now nothing to the point that im bending the piece to turn it with. Ebrake is off.

Do you mean hand brake on a 15 PP?
Did you remove brake fluid reservoir cap?
Use a turkey baster to remove some fluid as you compress the piston. Check or watch so it does not over flow.