GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicagoland Chat Thread

dstarr

Hello Chicagoland! Woke up today and decided it was time let someone else enjoy this beauty. It’s been a great ride for 3 years, and I hate to sell it so early but need something bigger. Here’s a few pics- clearly need take more for the forum, but just starting here. DM for details (price and/or any questions)
Only 21,600 miles | 2016 DSG | DCC | Lime Stone Grey | XPel Paint Protection Full Front | Llumar 35% tint all around | Ceramic coat at Chicago Auto Pros | APR Stage 2 high torque file and TCU tune | APR intercooler | APR Carbon Fiber intake | AWE Non Res downpipe | AWE SwitchPath exhaust | MSS fully adjustable sport spring kit | H&R front and rear spacers- 10mm/15mm | 18X8 Sparco Assetto Gara (winter wheels) 235/40R-18 Bridgestone Blizzak LM-32XL (winter tires) | Factory 19s for summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Ha, it was quite the opposite of your concern. I felt way more comfortable that day as it was my third time out and I was actually going full on the brakes and really going deep before braking. I was way more aggressive on the brakes compared to the previous two track days where I was easing onto the brakes way early. From what I hear it was probably the track that did me in. Everyone I talked to says Blackhawk seems like a short course where you do not get much speed, but because it's so short your brakes also have no time to cool between turns.

I did not realize Carbotech was available for the 312mm. Will check it out and maybe grab a set for this summer then. Maybe I will get out to a few track days yet.

Blackhawk is definitely tough on brakes and tires. A lot of people think thats somewhat of a beginner track but I disagree. There are a few really dangerous runoffs, and the rumble strips are brutal, specifically T6. I've seen cars catch some air by going too wide and hitting the rumble strip. RIP Suspension.

chiefhiawatha

Ready to race!
I’ve raced Blackhawk multiple times, but on a racing bicycle. Even on a bike, it’s full of turns and contours. Love the long finishing straight (for a bike race).

DAS_STIG

Banned
Blackhawk is definitely tough on brakes and tires. A lot of people think thats somewhat of a beginner track but I disagree. There are a few really dangerous runoffs, and the rumble strips are brutal, specifically T6. I've seen cars catch some air by going too wide and hitting the rumble strip. RIP Suspension.

Ha yeah T6 is one I could not get quite right. Always went wide and had to control to not hit the rumble strips before the entrance and fly out.

dstarr

Selling Winter setup 18X8 Sparco Assetto Gara
Selling my winter setup - as I just sold my MK7 Golf R. I bought the wheels/tires in January 2016. So they’re a little over 3 years old. The wheels/tire were only used during winter in Chicago. That said, my car only had 21,500 miles when I sold it. Majority of that driving was done in the spring/summer/fall months. I’d consider shipping if buyer is willing to pay.
Only 1 wheel has visible scratches. Tires and wheels are in good condition. I don’t have a tire tread gauge so couldn’t measure 32’s, but provided pictures of all 4 tires.
18X8 5x112 ET45
235/40R-18 Bridgestone Blizzak LM-32 XL

****$800 OBO****

eajr

Go Kart Champion
Was anybody on this forum driving in downtown Chicago tonight at around 8pm? Driving southbound on Michigan Avenue, in a white Mk7 Gti, license plate begins with AT or AP. Reason why I'm asking is because your exhaust system sounds awesome and I wanted to know what your setup is! I tried catching up but caught a red light....

a$ap

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Free to a good home. BMS clutch stop & BFI dogbone insert version 2.
Pick up Plano or Batavia.

S'more 07

Just getting started
Car(s)
MKVI Stage 2
New addition to the family!

Look what came home this weekend!

Attachments

• Blue 2.jpg
    Blue 2.jpg
    457.7 KB · Views: 196