GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Incentives 1/9/19

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Hope the incentives a good. I'm ready to buy. VW just needs to sweeten the deal enough for me to pull the trigger.

wantone

Ready to race!
Hope the incentives a good. I'm ready to buy. VW just needs to sweeten the deal enough for me to pull the trigger.

How much would it take to sway you to purchase? In the DMV area, I don't see any price reductions online as of this morning. I keep track daily. Does it actually guarantee a price reduction if VW ups their dealer incentives? They can easily sell at current non-reduced price and pocket extra VW cash correcto?

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
How much would it take to sway you to purchase? In the DMV area, I don't see any price reductions online as of this morning. I keep track daily. Does it actually guarantee a price reduction if VW ups their dealer incentives? They can easily sell at current non-reduced price and pocket extra VW cash correcto?

Ideal: 2019’s @ $6k off MSRP, 0% for 60 or 72mos

Realistic: 2019’s @ $5k off MSRP, 1.9% 60

I don’t care where the incentives come from.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Does it actually guarantee a price reduction if VW ups their dealer incentives? They can easily sell at current non-reduced price and pocket extra VW cash correcto?

That wouldnt be the scenario in most cases. Many (if not, most) dealers are secretive about VW's dealer incentives and would not share the info with buyers. Thanks to Shane who has been reporting these numbers regularly.

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Thanks to Shane who has been reporting these numbers regularly.

Absolutely. Shane’s been showing us the dealers hand. I tried to buy a 2018 SE over the summer and the dealer was a bit miffed I had all the numbers and wouldn’t make a deal, despite me being a regular customer of their service department.

heelntoe

i wanna go fast
I know they typically do not offer any deals on the R, but have they ever done anything for previous model years? Eying a 2018 R and wondering if waiting for any incentives on a previous MY R is a pipe dream....

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I haven’t seen any incentives on Golf R’s, but a search on cars.com shows a bunch going for $37k if you’re willing to travel and ok with a manual transmission.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Absolutely. Shane’s been showing us the dealers hand. I tried to buy a 2018 SE over the summer and the dealer was a bit miffed I had all the numbers and wouldn’t make a deal, despite me being a regular customer of their service department.

Did you talk to the dealership manager with those numbers. Sales guys will always try to hold back the numbers for obvious reasons. But anyways, there are some good sales guys around and you should be able to find one with some effort.

I know they typically do not offer any deals on the R, but have they ever done anything for previous model years? Eying a 2018 R and wondering if waiting for any incentives on a previous MY R is a pipe dream....

I have not heard about any incentives on R in the past and i dont think there is enough 2018 inventory left for VW to offer an incentive to clear out those vehicles. But as mentioned in the previous post, you should be able to get a good deal on a 2018 R with manual transmission if you are willing to travel.