GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clicking noise after releasing brake pedal?

• Thread starter Deleted member 112626
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 112626

A few weeks back my 17 R started making this clicking noise after releasing the brake pedal. Almost sounds like a relay switching. It's intermittent, and can happen at any speed. As soon as I get back on the brake, the clicking stops. It doesn't seem to affect the operation of brake - everything feels normal, other than the noise.

Got it captured on video. Any idea what could be going on here? Scanned with vcds and there is no error code.

https://streamable.com/pl4xk

Last edited by a moderator:

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Wow that does totally sound like a relay. I would take it to the dealer for complete diag. Worst case scenario is a loose brake caliper, but that would get louder with speed/rotation.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Ya crazy, sounds like you have your hazards on. Post back what it was when u get it figured out, does sound like a relay, weird!

G7Rules

Ready to race!
There is a relay sound that occurs when the adaptive cruise activates the brakes. I can't watch the video right now but my guess is it has to do with that system. Try turning ACC and forward collision warning off to see if it still does it.

D

Deleted member 112626

There is a relay sound that occurs when the adaptive cruise activates the brakes. I can't watch the video right now but my guess is it has to do with that system. Try turning ACC and forward collision warning off to see if it still does it.

ACC is off.

This can even happen for a few seconds after I shut off the car.

G7Rules

Ready to race!
ACC is off.

This can even happen for a few seconds after I shut off the car.

Do you have a VCDS to scan for codes? If not, mention to your dealer the relay sound and that it could be related to the automated braking. They will take you seriously.

Also, I would recommend getting it checked out/fixed as soon as you can. If the ACC/AEB is malfunctioning, it could put you at serious risk on the highway.

D

Deleted member 112626

Do you have a VCDS to scan for codes? If not, mention to your dealer the relay sound and that it could be related to the automated braking. They will take you seriously.

Also, I would recommend getting it checked out/fixed as soon as you can. If the ACC/AEB is malfunctioning, it could put you at serious risk on the highway.

No error code. ACC works fine but obviously I can't test the emergency braking:D

Yeah, I'm taking it to the dealer next week.