GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HUMMING NOISE AS WELL.AS SLIGHT RATTLE PASSENGER SIDE.

scanny91

Hi All ,

I'm new here so please go easy and also sorry if something similar has been posted.

So I upgraded my previous golf to a mark 7, 2.0l tdi r line and fell in love(20000miles on clock)
That night drove it work on my nightshift only to hear a humming noise as soon as I hit the gas and staying there , sound is coming from the front end on the left(can only hear it inside outside sounds fine) . Taken it to lookers blackpool the 2 tecs said they cant hear it and fobbed me off however they rang threw to lookers preston and told me to drive over and let the master tec have a listen so I did , he said he couldn't hear anything then as we drove for 20 minutes picked up on the humming noise I was on about , FINALLY!!!

He said some golfs make the sound its just a characterstic of the car , I highly doubt it as I've sat in a Mark 7 Gtd and that doesnt make a humming noise!

Ohh and to top my whole new car experience of there is a rattle which is driving me crazy it sounds like its coming from glove comp passenger door side.

Rattle noise I can live with but humming noise is doing my heading , it sounds like your blowing in to a hollow tube and then humming effect kicking in and staying there.

Any help or similar issues would be of great help and much appreciated.

Thanks

Scott

scanny91

Thanks Derushi will check this out, will upoad a video of the humming noise too what is driving me crackers . much appreciated.