GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Active Info Display themes - coding spreadsheed

chuppychup

These are all the models in the most recent MIB-firmwares:

I don't have a list of the coding that goes with them, but cycling through the various derivates, you will find them all.
Note: these are not available on the Cluster.

AH ok ! Looks like the old Mk7 GTI image is no longer available. :eek:

komo

Just got the AID and Discover Pro with SIM installed in my 2017 GTI Autobahn. Everything is working well with exception of the map showing up on the AID. When I select the option it just states Starting Maps. Has anyone got this working?

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Just got the AID and Discover Pro with SIM installed in my 2017 GTI Autobahn. Everything is working well with exception of the map showing up on the AID. When I select the option it just states Starting Maps. Has anyone got this working?

Yes, it's working on my unit.
What adaptation did you code to the "Dashboard" portion of module 5F(infotainment)? There are some values like resolution and stuff.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie

Remove the button for switching maps from 5F; the Discover Pro can display the maps on both the infotainment screen and the AID.

That's the mistake I made.

baraa20031

hello i installed virual cockpit for my golf r 2015 , everything worked fine , except the fuel gauge
i tried all the possible tank type codes 17 bit 2 not worked

fault codes
fuel level sensor 1 and 2
resistance too high

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
Chillout,

2 questions for you:

1) On my AID with Nav, I get the map to show up perfectly and it is set to auto zoom. When I push the up or down button my steering wheel to zoom in or out, it does not zoom (but does show "push OK for Auto"). Any idea why I can't zoom?

2) Any insights into choosing the color scheme via the infotainment system? I know there is a VCDS option to toggle "ambient lighting colors", but haven't been able to find specific info. Is this something I can enable on my MIB2 Discover Pro/AID? (For what it's worth, i used to be able to change the door strips and footwell light brightness before MIB2, but my MIB2 retro is blank when I go that page/menu.)

Thanks as always!

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
exactly :)

If you want to have a really nice theme, try the following:

Vehicle Variant: 2 (red, 4 doors) or 3 (red, 2 doors)

Tube Version: 4 (R)

Display depiction: 3 (dots background)
Hey guys - this is the same coding I used for my theme. Everything looks great except I'm not sure the picture of the car is right. It kinda looks like a regular golf. Is this normal?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I wonder if there's even a depiction of the non-facelift Mk7s available. That is a facelift Golf which was the closest I could find to my 2015 Golf. I stopped going through the options when I found it. I'm almost positive there was something that looked like the facelift GTI though. That would be closer to your car, though still not a perfect match.

Does anybody know when the AID became available?

I like the R style dials but they don't support "classic" view with just the needles. So I keep fuel economy and range selected to show in the dials. I just realized yesterday that R style dials give you 200mph on the speedometer though. This is probably ambitious for a Golf R but it's absurd for my TDI. I have my speed warning set for 75... because fuel economy, haha, I rarely go faster except to pass. Thinking I might switch to Alltrack dials.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Chillout,

2 questions for you:

1) On my AID with Nav, I get the map to show up perfectly and it is set to auto zoom. When I push the up or down button my steering wheel to zoom in or out, it does not zoom (but does show "push OK for Auto"). Any idea why I can't zoom?

Honestly, I have no idea.. I never saw this. Although I did see differences in behavior between MIB2, MIB2.5 and software versions of the MIB, that led to different behavior of the navscreen on the AID. On MIB2, an early version let me choose the destination in AID, like on the regular cluster.

2) Any insights into choosing the color scheme via the infotainment system? I know there is a VCDS option to toggle "ambient lighting colors", but haven't been able to find specific info. Is this something I can enable on my MIB2 Discover Pro/AID? (For what it's worth, i used to be able to change the door strips and footwell light brightness before MIB2, but my MIB2 retro is blank when I go that page/menu.)
When something that used to work, suddenly doesn't work like that any more, you need to determine what has happened between those two moments. Did you do any coding with OBD11? Did you put a different BCM or gateway or MIB2 in it? Et cetera.
To have ambient lighting colors, you need to have the facelift BCM installed. The pre-facelift models don't support the RGB ambient stuff.

Hey guys - this is the same coding I used for my theme. Everything looks great except I'm not sure the picture of the car is right. It kinda looks like a regular golf. Is this normal?

VW Put 3 models in the Golf AID: 3 door, 5 door and variant/stationwagon. All three are the facelift versions.

I wonder if there's even a depiction of the non-facelift Mk7s available. That is a facelift Golf which was the closest I could find to my 2015 Golf. I stopped going through the options when I found it. I'm almost positive there was something that looked like the facelift GTI though. That would be closer to your car, though still not a perfect match.

Does anybody know when the AID became available?
Having tried almost all 1024 coding combinations that determine what the AID looks like, I can say for sure: there's no GTI graphic in there. I hope VW comes with a software upgrade that adds it. Also, there are no pre-facelift cars in there. The same goes for the MIB2.5 (9.2" display) which was introduced on facelift cars: it has no pre-facelift models inside.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I must be thinking of the vehicle graphics on the MIB 2 and not the AID. The steering wheel arrows do not zoom the a ID map for me either. But they do give me the option to select a destination, in order from my most recent. If I just press okay when the map is showing that will switch between the smaller map view and larger (smaller dials).

I have selected Auto zoom on the MIB screen and that setting persists for the AID. Thr behavior seems logical. If I'm navigating on the highway it zooms out a fair amount but then zooms in as I approach my exit or when I get close to intersections where I need to turn in the city. I always leave navigation in the aid and use Android auto on the main screen. If I'm not on the music page I have Google maps running (not navigating) with satellite view because it looks cool. From what I can tell it zooms out around 40-45mph then zooms back in when you get below that.

If I had a Sirius subscription I would probably navigate using the VW navigation. But here in LA having traffic data can cut trip time in half so I'll turn on Google maps navigation if time is an issue. One question I have for you guys... Will VW nav integrate vocal directions with app connect audio playing? I know when I'm navigating using Android auto the vocal directions will integrate with other audio (CD, radio, etc.).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk