GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone with a TTE610R?

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Again...Eth being to much trouble for me to easily keep on hand. I have a friend that went to 5150 for a tune on his Evo-X and they blew his engine during a test drive after a tune session...and they just gave it back to him and said bring it back when you get a new engine and they will try again!?!?!? So I really wouldn't go to them because of that.

But how much power did the EVO make? And how much power did he ask for?

Once you go up the HP ladder with the stock block you have to accept the risk.... I have.

kakluote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi TT K04
I'm nearing the time to start looking for a MK7 R...and I am thinking of the TTE610R...but haven't found someone that has one for inquiries. USP sells the turbo...and I hoped there would be one out there with it. Perhaps not.

It has the capability to reach 600+ hp and 600+ lb*ft...but USP makes no mention of what else is required other than the obvious tuning. I will likely message USP, because I imagine you don't just pay $4500 and install and then tune...and done.
https://www.uspmotorsports.com/TTE6...lM7jnWgKojoex8_vpTTddM0T0U8wqznEaAgr7EALw_wcB
my friend this is kakluote

we are in the same stage now again k04 has passed

通过我的 CLT-TL00 上的 Tapatalk发言

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
You will need an entry level hybrid upgrade to hit the 400whp/450bhp mark (TTE470, L450 and others). Beyond 440whp/500bhp it is recommended to upgrade internals.

No it's not! It's not the horsepower you have to worry about, it's the torque. I would say anything over 450 wtq you should start upgrading your internals.

gtibrad

ZUM DIS
But how much power did the EVO make? And how much power did he ask for?

Once you go up the HP ladder with the stock block you have to accept the risk.... I have.
Was making just over 400whp, 425whp I believe he said, just before they went out for that 1st drive. I get it is the owner risk...and I just would rather stay away from any custom tuning unless I have built up the internals beforehand.

gtibrad

ZUM DIS
my friend this is kakluote

we are in the same stage now again k04 has passed

Hey Man...what's going on? Your K04 went on to its next life did it? I am selling my home in about one year and I plan to grab up a MK7 or MK7.5 Golf R. I'm on the fence yet on whether I will upgrade the turbo on it or not to. Probably do as I did with the MK5 and tune it first, but have a plan all ready to go with should the tune not be what I want to live with. Time and tuning will tell, right? Been a while...there isn't much going on at the MK5 GTI forum...only us still with their MK5 of 12.5 year of ownership still left.

gtibrad

ZUM DIS
No it's not! It's not the horsepower you have to worry about, it's the torque. I would say anything over 450 wtq you should start upgrading your internals.
Thanks for the input...both of you. I will definitely keep a look out for more on this so to protect my upcoming purchase. I agree, torque is the more likely damaging factor...but early in the revs. However, HP can be fatal as well if near redline for long on weak internals. Would likely want to search for threads on this and see if the details of when it blew so to get an idea when most failures occurred and with what level of torque and power.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Thank you...I had another response on another forum. But that person only said I would be looking at about a $20,000usd build without giving me any details at all.

If you are going to run 600whp then 20 grand is a good starting point. You need BT, Fueling, Cooling and properly built internals for torque AND high revs. Then you have to build the driveline etc. Likely you are also going to want to upgrade brakes and suspension/tires to match new power level.

kakluote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi TT K04
Hey Man...what's going on? Your K04 went on to its next life did it? I am selling my home in about one year and I plan to grab up a MK7 or MK7.5 Golf R. I'm on the fence yet on whether I will upgrade the turbo on it or not to. Probably do as I did with the MK5 and tune it first, but have a plan all ready to go with should the tune not be what I want to live with. Time and tuning will tell, right? Been a while...there isn't much going on at the MK5 GTI forum...only us still with their MK5 of 12.5 year of ownership still left.
just do the turbo upgrade! have just done mine

TAZZ1

Ready to race!

I would certainly not recommend to anyone disregarding internals until they hit 450wtq on the EA888.3! I think you meant torque at the crank not the wheels. I do agree with you that torque is important, but I think both HP and TQ are, otherwise we could just limit peak torque and run crazy amounts of HP on the stock bloc.

That being said, most European-based tuners this side of the pond do recommend to upgrade internals after exceeding the 500bhp mark on the MK7 and this has been the best practice adopted by the tuning community in my whereabouts. It may be partly due to the fact that at 500+bhp, unless you force a limit on the torque, you hit the whereabouts of 450TQ anyway.
Bear also in mind that tuners will adapt to the specific driving style and conditions of their customer-base, and issue their recommendations accordingly. For ex; tuning in Germany must take into account red-lining the engine for prolonged periods of time in 6th or 7th gear on the autobahn (where HP related thermal stress, and not TQ, is an issue). Tuning in the US will likely take into account a very different driving style and conditions.

Thanks for the input...both of you. I will definitely keep a look out for more on this so to protect my upcoming purchase. I agree, torque is the more likely damaging factor...but early in the revs. However, HP can be fatal as well if near redline for long on weak internals. Would likely want to search for threads on this and see if the details of when it blew so to get an idea when most failures occurred and with what level of torque and power.

Exactly. There are multiple ways and scenarios for rods, bearings and pistons to fail. TQ and/or HP will each play its role.
We have seen engine failures occur sometimes at peak torque range, but most of the times this happened at peak power range (where torque is way below 450lbft).
I do believe that turbo failures and clutch slip on the other hand occur on peak TQ.

Last edited:

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
^^^ No, I did not mean crank. Here in the States, we have tons of MK7 GTI's and R's running close to or above 500 whp on the stock block while most of them are limiting the wheel torque to below 450 wtq. There are some that are pushing the limits of the stock block by going over 450 wtq and so far so good but I wouldn't recommend it. But it all comes down to the tune/tuner.

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
^^^ No, I did not mean crank. Here in the States, we have tons of MK7 GTI's and R's running close to or above 500 whp on the stock block while most of them are limiting the wheel torque to below 450 wtq. There are some that are pushing the limits of the stock block by going over 450 wtq and so far so good but I wouldn't recommend it. But it all comes down to the tune/tuner.

Oh, I did not know that many ppl ran TTE610’s and equivalent on stock bloc in the US. That would be unthinkable over here lol. Different markets I guess!

bruxwillix

Ready to race!
Again...Eth being to much trouble for me to easily keep on hand. I have a friend that went to 5150 for a tune on his Evo-X and they blew his engine during a test drive after a tune session...and they just gave it back to him and said bring it back when you get a new engine and they will try again!?!?!? So I really wouldn't go to them because of that.
LMAO WHAT this cant be real? 5150 in OC?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk