GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Noico sound deadening project

Sumfuncomet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Mercedes E63 S
If you didn’t know the sound insulation basically ends behind the front seats. Mostly bare metal with a few anti resonance pads here and there. I removed the rear seat and carpet piece that is laid in trunk.
Covered all bare metal with Noico 80 mil silver followed by the green Noico 160 mil self adhesive foam. Reinstalled everything, really a remarkable difference. Tire noise, exhaust noise is all greatly diminished. Sound system sounds better.
I wouldn’t go any thicker with other materials as it was a tight fit to get trunk liner back in with increased thickness under it.
I know VW would save a few dollars on each car by not putting in proper sound control but it cost me only 60.00 and three hours work. One would think it would benefit the brand in the long run to be known as the car with the quiet interior. If they can build in the quiet in my A8 you think they would make a little effort in their lower line cars. My two Cents!
I might remove the rear trim panels and see if I can do more around wheel tubs.

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
Great job. In the rear wheel panels, you might find a pillow in a plastic bag. I think the rear upper seat belt plastic trim is a little tricky with the clips and holes.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Yep. I did basically the same thing (even used Noico brand). Big difference in noise level from the rear of the car. I also did the four doors. Noico deadening mats on the metal, and foam on the door cards. I believe that helped too. Only thing left to do is the rear deck lid.

Nyulak

Ready to race!
I used the same stuff this past Friday in the spare wheel well only, but I did notice an improvement. I was surprised how easy it was to remove the liner. Little bit of a chore to install as I didn’t remove any trim, but not too much of a hassle.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo

Select BBCode for easy posting here.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo

Make an account at Imgur, upload your images, select the appropriate size and then BBCode for easy posting here.