GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Experience with PurOl

dub*man

Ready to race!
Hey all,

I wanted to check and see if anyone has any prior experience with PurOl oils.

A friend that has a sponsorship with them offered to give me enough for an oil change to try out. He said that he's had great experience with it on his TSI motor. He is generally very skeptical with oil being anything other than oil but after trying Purol out he had fuel economy improve and said that his motor felt more free revving.

I know Bisimoto stands by PurOl and uses it for all of his cars.

My only concern is that is isn't a VW approved oil but I'm told its a non-issue as it's the highest quality oil around.

He said that he typically gets 300 miles on his weekly commute but with Purol it went up to 320 miles per tank consistently on the same commute.

I was told that I could comfortably run this oil to 10,000 Miles before needing to change it.

I'm planning to do a blackstone analysis at 5,000 miles and if its still good again at 10,000 to see how it holds up over time with a few canyon runs and autocross events on top of daily driving... I will update this post with UOA from blackstone as well as any noticeable changes in feedback as I get to spend some time with it.

It's quite a bit more expensive than the Castrol and M1 offerings but if I can comfortably run it to 10,000 miles and IF there is a noticeable increase in fuel economy and performance it might be worth the price of admission.

http://pur-ol.com for anyone that is interested in looking at their product line