GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Retrofitting Lane assist camera without changing windshield?

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Not an ODIS expert, can it be due to bad ODIS dongle, when i was shopping online, they had different chipset options.

Also is the calibration available both in service and engineering mode ? If so did you try in different mode. ?

One other option is to switch the odis version to a older more stable version.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Calibration is only on ODIS S, the E is mostly for flashing new software and parameters.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
For your info Guys , the 3q0 980 654 cameras, needs physical connection with ACC , or else only light and trafic assist will work , the lane assist will be disabled as needs data from module 13 !
Thats some good info, didnt know that.

You can retrofit that too xD.

gc9n

Ready to race!
Thats some good info, didnt know that.
You can retrofit that too xD.

i have ACC radar , i just didnt knew it !!

Next step

camera pin 1 >> To CanBus 2 Brown Plug pin 11 ACC
camera pin 7 >> To CanBus 2 Brown Plug pin 9 ACC

the only way to verify this

is to find a mk7 or MQB platfor wiring diagram for the a-pilar plugs , (the black plug is exactly the same for skoda MQB with MK7), and if it works i ll make a dedicated thread for the 3q0 cameras

sopskysalat

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi, I have bought used 3q0 H06 camera from a garage. May I know do I need to do component protection removal in order to install it to my car? I have VAS5054A and ODIS. My intend is to try out without replacing windshield first and find out if lane assist and ALG are useful before deciding full work. Hope to get your advice. Thank you.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Hi, I have bought used 3q0 H06 camera from a garage. May I know do I need to do component protection removal in order to install it to my car? I have VAS5054A and ODIS. My intend is to try out without replacing windshield first and find out if lane assist and ALG are useful before deciding full work. Hope to get your advice. Thank you.
The camera does not need CP Removal but if your gateway isnt the High version then you will need to replace it and remove CP.

sopskysalat

Passed Driver's Ed
The camera does not need CP Removal but if your gateway isnt the High version then you will need to replace it and remove CP.

Reaper, thanks for replying. I have ACC, so I assume it is high version.
Let me try to remove camera from casing first. Will you be able to help with coding later?

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Reaper, thanks for replying. I have ACC, so I assume it is high version.

Let me try to remove camera from casing first. Will you be able to help with coding later?
Ok then it is high for sure.

Sure, gl with your project, I will try to help as much as i can.

sopskysalat

Passed Driver's Ed
Allow me to ask these, why camera has 3Q0 G, 3Q0 H (side indicated H06), then 3Q0 H (H07), 3Q0 L...etc. Different SVM? The current front assist camera support pedestrian detection, so those firmware that does not equipped can it be flashed with latest? Where can we obtain the latest firmware?

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Allow me to ask these, why camera has 3Q0 G, 3Q0 H (side indicated H06), then 3Q0 H (H07), 3Q0 L...etc. Different SVM? The current front assist camera support pedestrian detection, so those firmware that does not equipped can it be flashed with latest? Where can we obtain the latest firmware?
To confirm the version you will need to connect the camera and check the version from ODIS or VCDS.

It is possible to flash and upload new parameters, you need VCP or ODIS E if you have the xml file.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
It's not confirmed.
I have the new camera front camera, but no ACC (yet), and it's functioning perfectly. Lane assist and traffic sign detection is working flawlessly.
So maybe it didnt work for him because he had the ACC Module active in his car but didnt tell it lane assist was installed.

So if ACC is not installed at all it should work.

sopskysalat

Passed Driver's Ed
Guys, i was told 3Q0 camera has few variants. My ver H does not equipped with pedestrians detection but only lane monitoring. How do we know which version is equipped with pedestrian monitoring feature? Thank you