GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Polishing the pillars between the windows?

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Are the pillars between the front and back windows painted the same as the rest of the car? I have a black Golf and I'm wondering if it is safe to compound and polish them. They are one of the most swirled up areas of my car. It seems like it will be tricky to make good contact unless I can find the perfect sized pad.

dsgvw

Ready to race!
I get them with my DA polisher with scratch x. It’s light duty but does the trick and fast too. It’s plastic so don’t go too hard on it. It should clear up very quick.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
I get them with my DA polisher with scratch x. It’s light duty but does the trick and fast too. It’s plastic so don’t go too hard on it. It should clear up very quick.

Plastic sort of like the bumper? Did you just use a standard sized pad or a tiny one to make full contact? Scratch X sounds like a good idea if they are more delicate than the rest of the paint job.

Navi

Autocross Champion
good luck. I hit mine with meguiars 205 and a 2 inch pad.. helped a little... Then did 105 followed by 205. Knocked the swirls out but still not perfect. That was with a light polishing pad. I'm gonna do them again with a more aggressive polishing pad and some menzerna polish.