GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne for MK7 1.8s

MyGolfMk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
B5 S4, Mk7 GTI
Unless the JB4 would actually interfere with Maestro/ED tune when the car is running, I'd likely keep it.

I have a JB4 installed only for data logging and run a ED tune. I haven't encountered any issues with this setup. I've also disconnected the JB4 from the OBD port and logged using VCDS over the OBD port and not had problems.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I have a JB4 installed only for data logging and run a ED tune. I haven't encountered any issues with this setup. I've also disconnected the JB4 from the OBD port and logged using VCDS over the OBD port and not had problems.
Did you also flash with the JB4 installed? I've had my car flashed with APR with the JB4 installed. Ideally I'd like to keep the JB4.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Do you have any WOT logs of your car? I'd love to see what a ED OTS tune looks like.

The ED tune was installed first, then I added the JB4 equipment. I have only used the JB4 for logging, no attempt to stack on the ED tune.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Custom tuning on the 1.8 is something I've actually become quite interested in recently. Been planning a turbo upgrade over my is20, and I'm currently torn between going with a hybrid is20 to keep my low end spool or just grabbing an L380 from littco. While I could probably get away with a Jb4 on the former, I'd much rather have it done "right" if that makes any sense.

Besides living in California the ability to modify my tune at home is kinda nice. When I eventually have to start smogging it'll be nice not having to drive all the way up to my APR dealer lol.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Custom tuning on the 1.8 is something I've actually become quite interested in recently. Been planning a turbo upgrade over my is20, and I'm currently torn between going with a hybrid is20 to keep my low end spool or just grabbing an L380 from littco. While I could probably get away with a Jb4 on the former, I'd much rather have it done "right" if that makes any sense.

Besides living in California the ability to modify my tune at home is kinda nice. When I eventually have to start smogging it'll be nice not having to drive all the way up to my APR dealer lol.
Having Maestro would make turbo upgrades, CEL defeat from DP, etc much easier to deal with. The APR upgrade from IS20 to IS38 on APR is like $300 or something anyway?

Eurodyne told me they don't have a base map for a IS38, but you could use the IS20 map as a base to tune for the IS38. I assume you'd do the same with any factory location turbo. Of course you have the option of getting a protune too. The base map they have for the 1.8 IS20 is a DP tune. I guess one could just use the slider adjustability to just pull back target boost a PSI or two for no DP.

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them

jonatj

Passed Driver's Ed
Gave up my JB4 for Eurodyne

I had been running the JB4 stacked with ED stage 1, but it seemed a little wonky. I pulled out the JB4 today and did a test drive, seems better. I had a local VW shop do the flash for me, but now I'm reading up on the Maestro.

But Eurodyne's website is hard to understand. Looks like the Powertap is the physical programming device and the Maestro tuning suite the Powertap plus additional software ($799). The Maestro comes with the base files and you can customize and Recode. I'm wondering if I wasted the $499 to have my mechanic flash with his Powertap, when I could have bought the Maestro suite for $300 more. I'm not going to get some kinda credit for already having it flashes right?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to doing a DP and maybe and is20. Seems like the Maestro is going to be the best option for tuning after those mods.

Anyone with Maestro doing long coding?

CharlesK19

Hey everyone,

I recently got a Mk7 GSW with DSG, and got a Eurodyne tune with a downpipe and TCU tune at the same time.

Often when I'm in Drive, and give about half throttle in 3rd gear to 6th gear, I'll feel a lot of shudder around 2500 RPM, I'm assuming it's from the transmission.

My dealer believes it's because the half throttle input tells the ECU to build boost, but it's not always enough for the transmission to kick down a gear.

I find the Eurodyne tune likes to keep the RPM's as low as possible in Drive.

As soon as the RPM's go past 3000 the shuddering stops.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm wondering if it's because the IS12 builds a lot of boost quickly at low RPM.

I'm thinking of going to an IS20 soon, but don't want to dump a bunch of money until I figure out why I'm having this shudder.

Thanks.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Hey everyone,

I recently got a Mk7 GSW with DSG, and got a Eurodyne tune with a downpipe and TCU tune at the same time.

Often when I'm in Drive, and give about half throttle in 3rd gear to 6th gear, I'll feel a lot of shudder around 2500 RPM, I'm assuming it's from the transmission.

My dealer believes it's because the half throttle input tells the ECU to build boost, but it's not always enough for the transmission to kick down a gear.

I find the Eurodyne tune likes to keep the RPM's as low as possible in Drive.

As soon as the RPM's go past 3000 the shuddering stops.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm wondering if it's because the IS12 builds a lot of boost quickly at low RPM.

I'm thinking of going to an IS20 soon, but don't want to dump a bunch of money until I figure out why I'm having this shudder.

Thanks.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

You need a better TCU tune.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
TCU tune is shit. You won’t get a refund either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
TVS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk