GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MAGIC/MAJESTY (eBay) 16.4 liter Intercooler

Morgandent95

Hi,

Just ordered the cooler... does it come with the hoses in the pics or does it go directly into factor?

Do I need to buy anything else or is it literally plug and play?

Installing it on an s3

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Hi,

Just ordered the cooler... does it come with the hoses in the pics or does it go directly into factor?

Installing it on an s3

Unless you specifically ordered a kit with the hoses, it doesn't come with any. You can reuse your factory IC hoses as I did. In theory the IC is "plug and play" but as we've all seen, some IC's may have perfect fitment and some may require "modifications" to correct fitment issues.

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Hi,

Installing it on an s3
I would suggest buying an extra set of intercooler clips and being prepared with the mounting plates described at the top of this thread, just in case, both items I listed are a low cost insurance [emoji41][emoji106]

Sent from my Gavin Belson black box signature edition

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
I would suggest buying an extra set of intercooler clips and being prepared with the mounting plates described at the top of this thread, just in case, both items I listed are a low cost insurance [emoji41][emoji106]

Sent from my Gavin Belson black box signature edition

I concur, having the extra clips meant instead of screwing around, I just clipped off the ears on the OEMs to remove them. Took like no time that way. Unfortunately I fabbed my own mounting plates as my install was before they were discovered. Either way both are excellent recommendations.

Krog29

Ready to race!
Just got mine in. Will do updates when I install it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Car.crash

THinking of ordering myself one. They aren’t common in the uk at all and seem very frowned upon.
However you guys can’t all be wrong so I’m going to take the plunge.

Not sure whether to get the kit with the hoses or use my stock ones though.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
THinking of ordering myself one. They aren’t common in the uk at all and seem very frowned upon.
However you guys can’t all be wrong so I’m going to take the plunge.

Not sure whether to get the kit with the hoses or use my stock ones though.

The value proposition cannot be beat IMO. Even if modifications are needed for fitment purposes it is still worth it. I've had mine for over a year now and it's been great. I bought the kit without hoses and just reused the factory ones.

GeorgeTDI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf Mk6 TDI
Are there any more stores which sell this, other than Ebay and Aliexpress ? Preferably in Europe. The first does not ship to half of Europe and the second has huge shipping costs.

Last edited:

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk