GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best service dept in OC area please!

J2S2M

Hey guys,

Recently picked up a 19 GTI in 6MT and loving the car so far. It currently has less than 600 miles on the odometer but unfortunately already got some issues. I am currently looking for a reputable service dept at a local dealership to address these issues. However, I know how most dealerships aren’t good at taking care of the customers like their own. If someone can recommend a service dept in OC area and possibly a good service advisor I would greatly appreciate it.

The issues I am dealing with:

1. The car stalls when sitting at a stop in idle with gear in neutral or with clutch disengaged. Almost feels like the fuel just cuts out. Seems to only happen in warmer temps when the oil temp is above 220ish. It’s probably happened 25x in the 3 wks of ownership. But I haven’t taken it in b/c it is not throwing any codes and I can’t get the problem to happen whenever I want it so it’s driving me nuts!

2. The front left suspension is making squeaking and knocking sounds whenever I go over any uneven pavement. This happens all the time. So hoping at least this will be addressed right away.

Anyway, I appreciate any recommendations or advice in advance.

Cheers,

Jason

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
If you have a FB account, you can join the SoCal MK7 group. Someone there might be able to help you at a dealership.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

J2S2M

Here you go my friend in case you have missed this. Apparently the manual transmission cars are having this huge issue, please see this thread.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51247

Thank you so much for this info! Glad to hear that I'm not the only one dealing with this issue.

If you have a FB account, you can join the SoCal MK7 group. Someone there might be able to help you at a dealership.

Been off FB for some time but I guess I'll start so that I can join the group. lol I appreciate the help!

rmchung1

For dealerships, I take mine to SouthCoast VW. Been taking it there since they were a combined VW/Audi shop. Never really had a problem with them. It would be good to notify them of your random engine shutoff so at least they have a record of it.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
For dealerships, I take mine to SouthCoast VW. Been taking it there since they were a combined VW/Audi shop. Never really had a problem with them. It would be good to notify them of your random engine shutoff so at least they have a record of it.
Oh thank god lol. I haven't taken my GTI to a dealership after I bought it, but I live a mile away from South Coast VW. Good to know this in case I do need them