GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Billet Aluminum Boost Tap - Boomba Racing

MK_7R

Passed Driver's Ed
Just to update on this, I removed the Boomba tap and issue with my IAT is completely resolved.

Yesterday I logged in 34c ambient temp, IAT was at 62c and increased to 68c on a pull with meth spraying. I logged again tonight with the spacer off in 36c ambient temps with meth spraying my IAT was 41c.

Unfortunately this tap is no good. The design and quality is absolutely perfect but the heat transfer and implications to the ECU readings pose major issues.

Sorry, really not trying to dump on this thread.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
That's a bummer.

So far I haven't noticed anything different in the way my car runs.

MK_7R

Passed Driver's Ed
That's a bummer.

So far I haven't noticed anything different in the way my car runs.

It is a shame as it’s a great quality bit of kit but not comfortable with the car getting such high readings thinking IAT’s are through the roof when in reality they are much much colder. A small variance I could live with but it’s over 20c difference!

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
Would this work for a P3 gauge with the analog boost sensor?

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd

Boomba Racing

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Any responses to the reported heat issues mentioned a page or so back? There's replies to the positives but nothing to dissuade the experienced negatives. Could be cool to have in the event I put a gauge on, but don't want to be causing extra issues.

We've sold thousands of these, and have had no issues with them. During testing on our shop car, we saw no changes to IAT.