GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Blank screen on 2016 mk7r

msafar95

Unfortunately it happened again. HOWEVER i did find a solution after hours of deep internet searching. If the screen does go blank on you again, press and hold on the power button of the infotainment system. This will reboot the whole thing and the screen will work again.

pipsyp

Ready to race!
My few week old GTD with MIB2 DNS did this the other day. Press and hold the volume button for about 10 secs or so, causes it to restart and normal service will resume. Saves faffing with getting out of the car and locking/unlocking it.

I have a Skoda Octavia with the MIB1 version of the same unit and its done the same and only the once...ironically in exactly the same physical location!

Peter27

MK7 Golf GTD

Hi Guys

I bought new golf gtd about 2 months ago, and I have the same problem with the touch screen going blank today. I popped into the vw dealers today, and asked the service department if it was a fault they knew about. I was advised they are aware of this problem, and vw are working on a software fix.

Peter

Yomny1

Ready to race!
Its ridiculous how some places fix this with a software and some replacing the Bluetooth module like they're trying to do in my case, some just don't know and don't fix it. How is it that this doesn't have a more permanent fix, TSB or something out. In this forum alone ive read over 4 threads about the exact same thing with slight variations.

In my case I get the "Bluetooth not available" message and the App-Connect says I need to buy a key from the dealer. They initially said it was an update but they had to wait to get their hands on "the SD card" with it...after some pushing they said they would replace the Bluetooth model. I don't want to be a pessimist but I have a feeling there will be more stuff along the way similar to those mentioned here if they even fix my Bluetooth issue.

Broomer

I'm new here, but bought a Golf R in September. I've had the blank screen issues a couple of times - this morning in fact. Everything seems to work, you just cant see anything!!

When it happened a month or so ago, when it came back I had to reset all the DAB stations. Not sure if its part of the same issue, but since new I've had an annoying rattle from behind the info screen at 2-2500 revs (not there much!!)

VERY annoying since the reason for a new car was not to have these sorts of issues. I will try the reset advice above and see what happens. Love the car as a whole, but not impressed with build quality at the mo. My first VW, and I never thought that an STi 330s would be less rattley!!!!!

Yomny1

Ready to race!
I'm new here, but bought a Golf R in September. I've had the blank screen issues a couple of times - this morning in fact. Everything seems to work, you just cant see anything!!

When it happened a month or so ago, when it came back I had to reset all the DAB stations. Not sure if its part of the same issue, but since new I've had an annoying rattle from behind the info screen at 2-2500 revs (not there much!!)

VERY annoying since the reason for a new car was not to have these sorts of issues. I will try the reset advice above and see what happens. Love the car as a whole, but not impressed with build quality at the mo. My first VW, and I never thought that an STi 330s would be less rattley!!!!!

I've heard about the little rattle or noise coming from back there and it turned out to be the soundaktor.. see if you could search around for soundaktor rattle, it may help your problem. I feel your pay and agree you get a new car to have as few issues as possible but they will always be there, sadly enough even with much more pricier cars.