GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Arteon in local dealership

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Perhaps they're looking for the same market as the Genesis sedans or at least the G80 which is in the 40K range.

Mercedes C class competitor?

I can't imagine it's in the upper 50s price wise, that seems like an insane decision unless the production run is quite limited.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
I saw one on the road in lower Manhattan (right by the Wall Street bull) about a month ago.
Very impressive in the flesh.
At first glance my mind said Audi A7, then I realized what it was.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
I think the car is ok but again, I really struggle to see the niche here in the US. It's not like the sedan market is super hot, and the competition at $35-40k is intense, with the Asian models dominating. The Arteon does a lot right on paper, but I'm really curious to see if anyone here actually buys them.

The Atlas is selling well it appears, but that's a big ass SUV which Americans tend to love. Relatively large sedans? Not so much any more.

CanadianR

Passed Driver's Ed
This is a demonstrator model, and the dealership blacked out all the chrome, lowered the springs.
I looked at it today, and it has a very powerful presence.

I never understood the obsession with 'chrome'. If the dealer goes out of their way to black it out in order to make the car look better, why do they put it there in the first place?