railroader

Autocross Newbie
Oh lol I read it wrong oopsie

Um.....no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

MKVIISpec

Ready to race!
Ordered my IS38 from ECS the other week and have yet to put it in. I believe it is an H. Kinda pissed now that I see it isn't one of the latest revisions...

You’re fine, I really wish people would stop making the IS38 out as if a swift breeze causes them to fail.

I understand the disappointment in not getting the newest revision, but your turbo is fine.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
So the H is still available at the dealer to be used on cars. I forget who I was talking to but just because F is a new revision doesn’t mean that it’s better than H. It could be something as simple as a change in the hardware used from a different supplier is what I’m told.

Travis9935

Ready to race!
From what I've read on F has bigger wheels and improved bearings/oil flow. Supports a lil higher hp levels. From the German Vendor guy selling them on fb pages & eBay.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
So the H is still available at the dealer to be used on cars. I forget who I was talking to but just because F is a new revision doesn’t mean that it’s better than H. It could be something as simple as a change in the hardware used from a different supplier is what I’m told.

The F is different from the H it was redesigned by the OEM. I can find the source but im lazy. I'll find it later.

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
From what I've read on F has bigger wheels and improved bearings/oil flow. Supports a lil higher hp levels. From the German Vendor guy selling them on fb pages & eBay.

You are correct. Anyone who thinks the H is as good is silly.

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
You’re fine, I really wish people would stop making the IS38 out as if a swift breeze causes them to fail.

I understand the disappointment in not getting the newest revision, but your turbo is fine.

There are plenty of H's that have shown they are fine tuned and stock no doubt. But if I paid money now I would only want the F.

Travis9935

Ready to race!
There are plenty of H's that have shown they are fine tuned and stock no doubt. But if I paid money now I would only want the F.
Well yeah when it comes time to buy a new phone you gonna pick a Samsung S8 of a S9? Obviously the newer revision has upgraded work done to it.

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
Well yeah when it comes time to buy a new phone you gonna pick a Samsung S8 of a S9? Obviously the newer revision has upgraded work done to it.

Yup. Maybe not much from the G-H-T but from those to the F there is measured differences, so ya F or hybrid IMO.

MKVIISpec

Ready to race!

100% agree. Just don’t want the poor guy thinking his turbo is imminently doomed for failure just because it’s an H. I honestly believe one of the worst widespread “common knowledge” on this forum, is that the IS38 is an unreliable turbo. People need to be accountable for abusing/neglecting vehicles, not just saying “shitty turbo bro”. Every manufactured part has a weak point or a short coming at some interval/threshold. The IS38 was not intended for much of what it’s seeing today, so to call it unreliable by exceeding its designed capacity/threshold, I don’t think so. I have little doubt there are the “I know a guy” comments, we all do. Nothing is perfect, take failures with a grain of salt, nobody ever gives the full story.

/IS38 rant. [emoji482]

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
There seems to be a 06K145874G as well that i think is a is38. I know the 06K145874L is a is20.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
There seems to be a 06K145874G as well that i think is a is38. I know the 06K145874L is a is20.

Anyone know if anything is different with the G revision for the IS38? So far, the F seems like the best option for IS38’s

And yes, I also saw that 874 L is the most recent IS20 revision

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
So I did some digging and it seems Canadian 2018 R has a S rev not F rev. So it seems the order of North American is38 revisions is H-T-S. F is not available in North American dealers so In told.