GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

racingline sport suspension kit for mk7

teemmy

Ready to race!
I just swapped the bump stops over, which is what they told me to do. A little frustrating that they didn’t include any directions to do so as i had to email to ask.

Hopefully the drop isn’t as aggressive, but I’ll get measurements a little later.

My experience so far has been pretty disappointing with my racing line products. I’m a firm believer of “you get what you pay for.” Racingline definitely has the price premium and the parts seem to be high quality, but I’ve had nagging little issues with things I’ve bought from them that shouldn’t exist for a company of their quality and premium.

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M
Man that sucks! I was totally looking at these. Hopefully break in should let things butter up a bit

teemmy

Ready to race!
Man that sucks! I was totally looking at these. Hopefully break in should let things butter up a bit

I've had some more time with them, and they're getting better and better. Took it up some mountain back roads today and they were really civilized and composed - killed the body roll that I had. The ride is firm, but it's not harsh!

I think my rear strut body needs to be tightened to the damper, but otherwise it's been good.

greekspec2

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf R 17 BMW X1M
they used hydraulic rear shocks just like the MKIV Konis were, that's why they don't automatically rebound like other mono/twin tube with gas pressure

teemmy

Ready to race!
Just a quick update - suspension is settling in, still on the firmer side, but overall it handles really well. The drop is definitely not as aggressive as the racingline springs, which is nice!

CDM MK7

Ready to race!
Just a quick update - suspension is settling in, still on the firmer side, but overall it handles really well. The drop is definitely not as aggressive as the racingline springs, which is nice!

Good to hear.

Do you have any pics of the car from the side so we can see what the drop is like?

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion

If you are getting noises from the rears chances are that your bump stops are at fault, I had a very annoying creaking noise when I installed my yellow sports and after upgrading shock mounts, using silicon grease and taking the whole thing apart 3 or more times it turned out that it was indeed the bump stops so I cut the the first section/neck out and no more noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

teemmy

Ready to race!
If you are getting noises from the rears chances are that your bump stops are at fault, I had a very annoying creaking noise when I installed my yellow sports and after upgrading shock mounts, using silicon grease and taking the whole thing apart 3 or more times it turned out that it was indeed the bump stops so I cut the the first section/neck out and no more noise.

Thanks for the advice - I actually did this the other day and it cured me of the suspension noise! However... it made the drop far lower on the car so now I have terrible reverse rake.

I wasn't able to take a photo of the drop before trimming the bump stops - but it's really mild, much less than VWR springs alone - but now after trimming it looks similar to the VWR drop if not a tad more...

Now I'm debating whether or not I want to put the bump stops back in!

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
That’s weird because the suspension should not rest on the bump stops when fully loaded, maybe installing TT pads will help you

This is my MT with the VWR springs Konis with the Audi TT pads and cut bump stops

JonFowler68

Passed Driver's Ed
Any update on the ride of this kit? Are you happy? What would you recommend for a worry free parts list?...Bolts..strut mounts...to cut/not to cut bump stops...TT pads.. etc.