GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Regional Forums > Northwest

Old 05-13-2018, 03:42 AM   #18
WASTGTI17

Drives: 2017 GTI Sport DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric@Wages View Post
Hello there. just signed up to the forum. I am buying a 2017 GTI Sport next week. The car already has and it is coming to me with the Burger Motorsports JB4.

My question is: How is the transfer done of the JB4 to my name?

Thanks and Cheers!!

Hello! Congrats on your GTI, loving mine.. just hit 2400 miles. Also loving the JB4.

As far as I know the JB4 is tied to the vehicle Vin number, if your aquiring a JB4 along with the GTI, you should be good. I believe a JB4 transfer is only a problem when going from one Vin to another.

JB4 is a great start for anyone new to the performance market.. George is great at setting you up through the Maps. Definitely give e30 fuel a try if you have some e85 near you.
WASTGTI17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 03:56 PM   #19
Derushi

Drives: GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by WASTGTI17 View Post
Hello! Congrats on your GTI, loving mine.. just hit 2400 miles. Also loving the JB4.

As far as I know the JB4 is tied to the vehicle Vin number, if your aquiring a JB4 along with the GTI, you should be good. I believe a JB4 transfer is only a problem when going from one Vin to another.

JB4 is a great start for anyone new to the performance market.. George is great at setting you up through the Maps. Definitely give e30 fuel a try if you have some e85 near you.
Don't believe it's tied to the VIN. For the JB4 + Bluetooth, the original owner just needs to unlink the account on the JB4 app. Don't know if this is something that needs to be done for those who use a laptop+data cable.

For Map6 support, George mentioned that they only do custom map support for new units. If you bought yours used, should utilize the JB4 map 6 thread in this forum.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:55 PM   #20
jrenriquez23

Drives: 2018 GTI White Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfWang View Post
You have two options:

APR Plus (ECU tune with included mechanical breakdown insurance, allows for installation of Stage 1 APR parts)

JB4 (piggyback with logging ability and tons of power gain potential/customizability)

APR Plus is $1099, someone in the private sale forums is selling a JB4 for $300 shipped right now.

Regardless of which option you chooss, set aside 1K+ for a clutch replacement in the next year.
I caved and got the APR + Stage 1 Tune last week. I went to Pacific Raceways in Kent on Friday to test the car. Let's just say all that increase in power and stock clutch didn't work very well. Lol. New clutch is definitely my next mod.
Old 05-15-2018, 01:44 AM   #21
Eric@Wages

Drives: MK7 GTI Sport w/DSG
Thanks for the replies. Yes the owner has it tied up to the BT on his phone. I will ask him to unlink the account upon title transfer.

Thanks All.
Eric@Wages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 06:43 PM   #22
Jay_Heim

Drives: 2015 GTI
I have done a load of tuning on the JB4 (and Eurodyne, at this point), on various turbos at that. Happy to answer questions if you want to shoot me a PM, or hit me up on FB messenger. I'm in the Woodinville area
Old 06-05-2018, 03:07 PM   #23
jsh1120

Drives: 2018 Volkswagen GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrenriquez23 View Post
Hello everyone! New here. I have a 2018 GTI S, 6 speed manual. I'm considering APR Stage 1 tune, but kinda worried about my warranty. Any other tunes that is not detectable? Thanks!
I had a 2013 GTI with a Stage 1 APR tune. Had maintenance/service done at Auburn VW with no problems. In fact, Auburn VW is known as an APR "friendly" dealer. They recently took my 2013 model in trade for a new 2018, gave me a good price, and now have it for sale as a "Certified" vehicle. In contrast, another dealer told me I would have to have the tune removed by Achtuning before they would take my trade, supposedly because they could not "Certify" it with the tune in place.
jsh1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 12:44 AM   #24
DubberMK7

Drives: 2016 GTI DSG APR Stage 1 + extras
OP, Welcome to the GTI =)

Hey all! Coming back to the PNW, Olympia area. Looking to get some drives together. I was in GA and ATL has a great VW following. Anyone interested?
DubberMK7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:15 AM   #25
Gti jake

Drives: GTI 6MT
Welcome to the forums! Lots of good info here, anything you can’t find don’t hesitate to ask

Baun Performance https://facebook.com/Baun-Performance-406768406417784/

YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu8...QYExsTq8fhQhmg
Gti jake is offline   Reply With Quote