GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 Mustangs are even faster!

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Holy crap. Did you burn out 10 other forums...? You can’t undo your total dbag status here. Lol. I’m just the forum ahole.

I’ve been busy training for the 2018 season... funny though :D

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
My stage 2 Golf R beats 750 hp Stage 3 Roush Mustangs stoplight to stoplight, good enough for me, for now.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Think about it this way: Even when stangerangbros start throwing bolt ons at their 4.6 or 5.0 GT's it wasn't until this last generation that they beat our tuned and loved GTIs. It is truly incredible that a 2.0 liter 4 cyl. can beat nearly every mustang (FBO~) up to this last one to two generations. A motor that is 3 liters bigger and makes over double the HP, yet still can be a quite close race. I live very close to a FORD plant and we all grew up driving stangs. I have had 3 different GT's, all each iteration up to my latest. I know quite well the capabilities of those cars and would say that a tuned GTI would best most FBO stangs up to this last generation.

However, once the blowers start coming out, they will eat alive any golf platform (APR Golf R's, Hybrids, etc.) as you just can't outrun that much displacement blown.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Think about it this way: Even when stangerangbros start throwing bolt ons at their 4.6 or 5.0 GT's it wasn't until this last generation that they beat our tuned and loved GTIs. It is truly incredible that a 2.0 liter 4 cyl. can beat nearly every mustang (FBO~) up to this last one to two generations. A motor that is 3 liters bigger and makes over double the HP, yet still can be a quite close race. I live very close to a FORD plant and we all grew up driving stangs. I have had 3 different GT's, all each iteration up to my latest. I know quite well the capabilities of those cars and would say that a tuned GTI would best most FBO stangs up to this last generation.

However, once the blowers start coming out, they will eat alive any golf platform (APR Golf R's, Hybrids, etc.) as you just can't outrun that much displacement blown.

Well said!

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
My 480 whp cammed and wet shotted 2000 4.6 on my "fall" set up.

Attachments

• 20110420153526 (1024x768).jpg
    20110420153526 (1024x768).jpg
    668.5 KB · Views: 402
  • 20110420150418 (1024x768).jpg
    20110420150418 (1024x768).jpg
    551.9 KB · Views: 394

Zx2man

Ready to race!
I agree the gti is pretty impressive for the displacement. On a Roll things get interesting vs higher hp muscle cars. But still my gti is fwd, so from a dig im not getting out of the slot like a mustang. The guy who commented on his stage 2 R beating a 750 hp Roush mustang has that awd advantage, but Im sure if there wasnt a stop light coming up, that Roush would spank the R. So many ways you can play the game of what car is better for who and for what purpose.

Ill say that as a speed and hp fan, glad the mustang is getting faster and more powerful. Love the hp wars. Its a nice car.

But I like my gti. It gets 31 mpg on the hwy, has a fairly roomy rear seat. It handles alright and its got some punch when I need it after 2nd gear.
Im not complaining.
Gawernator- my guess is you are early 20s. Really doesnt matter, age doesnt mean intelligence. Plenty of older dummies out there. You seem to have a good head on ya. If you ever wamt input on weapon platforms or fitness&nutrition, hit me up.

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
Big talk for someone that doesn't race at all... I race a 636 now, not that it's relevant.

Real drag racing no, people that can't drive otherwise, yeah. Don't get butthurt because the Golf is a slow drag car.. lol (and don't put words in my mouth) I know reading comprehension is difficult for some folk, though.

I've raced motocross for 20 years and could probably run circles around you on a road course as well. Keep the ego stuff for instagram.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
I've raced motocross for 20 years and could probably run circles around you on a road course as well. Keep the ego stuff for instagram.

So you’re that old but still got triggered hard over drag racing? LOL. And sure, but talk is cheap :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
I agree the gti is pretty impressive for the displacement. On a Roll things get interesting vs higher hp muscle cars. But still my gti is fwd, so from a dig im not getting out of the slot like a mustang. The guy who commented on his stage 2 R beating a 750 hp Roush mustang has that awd advantage, but Im sure if there wasnt a stop light coming up, that Roush would spank the R. So many ways you can play the game of what car is better for who and for what purpose.

Ill say that as a speed and hp fan, glad the mustang is getting faster and more powerful. Love the hp wars. Its a nice car.

But I like my gti. It gets 31 mpg on the hwy, has a fairly roomy rear seat. It handles alright and its got some punch when I need it after 2nd gear.

Im not complaining.

Gawernator- my guess is you are early 20s. Really doesnt matter, age doesnt mean intelligence. Plenty of older dummies out there. You seem to have a good head on ya. If you ever wamt input on weapon platforms or fitness&nutrition, hit me up.

Thanks. Six years in the service and raised a navy/USMC brat gives you a lot of range time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoon

Autocross Champion

Cam only, stock motor?

Thing must have been a time bomb if so.

We don't have many around here (especially not anymore) but the fastest 2Vs I've seen on the street trapped mid 120s

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
With a competent driver in the mustang, I call bullshit here.

stoplight to stoplight is possible with the launch advantage the golf R has. Anything after that will slaughter the R even a 1st gear roll lol

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion

Sleeper! I miss my mach 1 at times and mostly because of the way it sounded with the Borla. I built the rear end with 31 spline diff, axles, and 4.10's and only had 500 miles on it with 1 test pass late at night and the next morning it had a rod knock lol... second engine toasted :rolleyes: