GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 golf r track time

Sleeping_r

Went to the track first time and ran 14.0 I have a 6 speed manual. Currently there no tuning solution for the golf r 2019 so I ordered a jb4. But my issue is my 60 ft is killing my time. I dont know what rpm to launch at to get out of the hole my 60 ft was a 2.2 which is.causing me.to get a high time. so any advice for launching in the 6 speed with no launch control just need a rpm to help me get out of the hole. (Ps dsg is not an option lol)

TechGuy32

Ready to race!
Are you spinning the tires or bogging the car? There is no perfect RPM it's a function of traction, clutch engagement and throttle input.

N2fastcars

Ready to race!
Went to the track first time and ran 14.0 I have a 6 speed manual. Currently there no tuning solution for the golf r 2019 so I ordered a jb4. But my issue is my 60 ft is killing my time. I dont know what rpm to launch at to get out of the hole my 60 ft was a 2.2 which is.causing me.to get a high time. so any advice for launching in the 6 speed with no launch control just need a rpm to help me get out of the hole. (Ps dsg is not an option lol)

I don’t have the answer, but I emphasize with what you’re experiencing. The last time I went to the track in my GTI I ran a 14.00 at almost 112...(ran 13.8@108 with stage 1 only) it had such bad wheel hop I thought something was going to break. I tried traction control on, off, sport... I was so frustrated I left before they closed. I have made hundreds of 1/8 and 1/4 mile passes in probably a dozen different cars with relatively good success. Best of luck!