GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VTT Stage 2 Cast Production Sample Photos Revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Is the VTT turbo worth it with out MPI? Would it be enough with HPFP/LPFP?
I’m interested in a turbo that can (in a reliable way) put 400 whp on 93 pump gas.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Man they missed the boat! EQT has sold like 40+ turbos in two months.....market gone...

WhyNotZoidberg?

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 2015 TDI
VWoA has been selling a combined 25,000 GTI & Rs /year, every year since the mk7 arrived here. That's in the US alone.

I'm sure there cannot be more than 40 of those people who wanted 400HP+ out of their 4-bangers :D

Last edited:

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
I’ve done very little research on turbos for these cars (did most of mine with the mk6), but does anyone run the TTE turbos? They were always, or seemed to be held high on the quality area.

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
VWoA has been selling a combined 25,000 GTI & Rs /year, every year since the mk7 arrived here. That's in the US alone.

I'm sure there cannot be more than 40 of those people who wanted 400HP+ out of their 4-bangers :D

I would venture to guess that less than 8% of buyers will modify their car. Less than 2% will do a turbo swap.

Out of 500 cars, how many will do something other than IS38? When you start to look at the odds, 40-50 sales really eats up a significant margin.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
I would venture to guess that less than 8% of buyers will modify their car. Less than 2% will do a turbo swap.

Out of 500 cars, how many will do something other than IS38? When you start to look at the odds, 40-50 sales really eats up a significant margin.

True story

WhyNotZoidberg?

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 2015 TDI

I think 8% is way off. Maybe 8% of all Golf & Jetta buyers, certainly not out of GTI & Rs. Mitsu buyers are not rushing to mod Galants & Outlanders, but they sure mod the shit out of Evos :)

But even going with your numbers, 2% of 120,000 is 2,400. I'd say most people willing to swap turbos would be well aware of IS38's reliability record

..or I could pull some numbers out of my OWN ass, there's plenty there too :p

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
I think 8% is way off. Maybe 8% of all Golf & Jetta buyers, certainly not out of GTI & Rs. Mitsu buyers are not rushing to mod Galants & Outlanders, but they sure mod the shit out of Evos :)

But even going with your numbers, 2% of 120,000 is 2,400. I'd say most people willing to swap turbos would be well aware of IS38's reliability record

..or I could pull some numbers out of my OWN ass, there's plenty there too :p

Well... I used your 25,000 figure. Not sure why you are using 120,000.

I also find lots of numbers in there :)

Just trying to illustrate a point that 40-50 units is a larger number than you would think. You have to remember that the forums represent the tippy top of the enthusiast community - the VAST majority of modders are just trying to get their grocery getter to be a little less depressing, and will go to whatever local tune shop is available. More often than not, those shops will sell the COTS stuff, and not specialty shop hardware.

WhyNotZoidberg?

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 2015 TDI
Last edited:

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2014/10/volkswagen-golf-gti-sales-figures-usa/

^^ is where I got the approx. 25k/year (those are GTIs, Rs were selling at a couple hundreds/month, see https://media.vw.com/en-us/releases/1059), then rounded it to 120k roaming our streets right now.

If you could get a source for the 8% modded, or 2% turbo-swapped, feel free to share.

I said 'I would venture to guess' in my original post... not sure why you think I have ACTUAL STATS LOL.

This thread is a fucking joke :rolleyes:

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
I'm running straight 92 and pretty sure the base map (before we started dialing it was over 400whp)....Again EQT for the win

Status
Not open for further replies.