GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Opinions on these accessories?

jplrk

Thanks to everyone who tossed in your two cents about my TSI SE exterior. I’m going against the majority (and ignoring most of my sons’ and friends’ opinions) and opting for tungsten silver. There’s no shortage of silver cars on the road, I grant, but the silk blue just wasn’t doing it for me.

Considering a few accessories and could use opinions. What do you think of the pedal caps, door sill protection plate, and rear bumper protection plate offered by VW? The rear bumper paint on my TDI was starting to look a little scuffed, so thinking some protection there could be good.

I’ll probably want to change up the tires, but don’t know yet what I’ll go with so any thoughts on that are appreciated, too. Thanks, guys.

~ Colleen

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I have aftermarket sill plates hopefully someone will chime in with name and am glad I got them....

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Just look at my build thread......tungsten silver also...…

& few OEM "accessories"....lol..

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Your local tint shop can do clear bra on bumper and be way cheaper.

Pedal caps. Eh... Can get some after market cheaper.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
I have the OE "foil" door sill protectors. I like them better than the plate type as they cover more area, especially where your shoes contact the sills. Second some sort of clear protection film for the rear bumper. The silver plastic may look ok, but the difference with the Tungsten my be too much. NGP offers a really nice black one made in England I believe. Nice piece if a bit pricey.

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
GTI pedals look cool and are easy to clean but they get slippery when your shoes are wet. If you don't press them straight on your foot touches metal (only really a problem going from gas to brake). I would recommend clearbra/ppf on the bumper sill also. It will stop you from scratching it when removing stuff if you're not being super careful, and since that area collects so much grit it will prevent it being scratched when you wash it.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

jplrk

Glad I asked! The RGM products look better, provide more coverage, and are less expensive. Triple win. I'm going to get these sill guards rec'd above:

https://store.ngpracing.com/sillguards-by-rgm-vw-mk7-golf-gti-golf-r-sportwagen-5-door.html

The brushed alloy rear guard looks great on golfdave's tungsten silver drive, so I'm going with that. The SKU number is different than his ~ I guess because his Mk7 is an Estate...? This is the one I'm looking at:

https://store.ngpracing.com/rearguards-by-rgm-vw-mk7-golf-gti-r-2015.html

Right product?

~ Colleen

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Glad I asked! The RGM products look better, provide more coverage, and are less expensive. Triple win. I'm going to get these sill guards rec'd above:

https://store.ngpracing.com/sillguards-by-rgm-vw-mk7-golf-gti-golf-r-sportwagen-5-door.html

The brushed alloy rear guard looks great on golfdave's tungsten silver drive, so I'm going with that. The SKU number is different than his ~ I guess because his Mk7 is an Estate...? This is the one I'm looking at:

https://store.ngpracing.com/rearguards-by-rgm-vw-mk7-golf-gti-r-2015.html

Right product?

~ Colleen

correct...:cool:....estate & hatch have different bumpers/top sections...

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Tungsten silver fantastic color, that looks good even when not as clean as it should be. If you want those accessories, I personally would go aftermarket. If you are the type who wants to get it done at the dealer, then go for it.