GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Prototype Turbo Results

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Ok guys, here's the deal.

The demand for these turbos completely exceeded my expectations! As I saw the sales coming in, I increased our order with our supplier, but even that has sold out now. We have now received 33 orders since this sale started on November 1st! I honestly can't thank all of you enough for the support and I'm excited for everyone to enjoy their turbos!

As a thank you to the community, I'm going to extend this sale price for the rest of the month. However, the next batch will likely be arriving toward the end of December. So if you don't mind waiting a bit, go ahead and order at this price for the rest of November!

Thanks again everyone!
-- Ed

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx

The demand for these turbos completely exceeded my expectations! As I saw the sales coming in, I increased our order with our supplier, but even that has sold out now. We have now received 33 orders since this sale started on November 1st! I honestly can't thank all of you enough for the support and I'm excited for everyone to enjoy their turbos!

As a thank you to the community, I'm going to extend this sale price for the rest of the month. However, the next batch will likely be arriving toward the end of December. So if you don't mind waiting a bit, go ahead and order at this price for the rest of November!

Thanks again everyone!
-- Ed

The word spreading more on this thread on vwvortex is probably going to help also!

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?9267381-Equilibrium-Tuning-EQT-Vortex-Turbo

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R

Thanks again everyone!
-- Ed
very nice!

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
FYI:

We have 5 orders that didn’t get the discharge pipe kit, and those will be going out next week. The turbos are all ready to go now, however we’ve been waiting on the revised silicone hose for the pipe kits which are supposed to be ready at the very end of November. Thank you all for your patience!

— Ed

Calubi

Ready to race!
Thanks for the update! I'll be installing this turbo come spring at the earliest, so a bit of shipping delay is no big deal for me. But I still can't wait to have the hardware in hand. :)

Golf7RR

Go Kart Newbie
FYI:

We have 5 orders that didn’t get the discharge pipe kit, and those will be going out next week. The turbos are all ready to go now, however we’ve been waiting on the revised silicone hose for the pipe kits which are supposed to be ready at the very end of November. Thank you all for your patience!

— Ed

ed i'm PMing you now.

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Spool King! 25 PSI @ 2834 RPM. 4th gear pull from 1,500 RPM. 29 PSI on top :D On stupid 91-Octane!!!

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Should probably get Ed's permission first, it is his intellectual property after all.

I don’t think that’s my tune, so it would be up to the tuner. But I agree, not the best practice to go sharing full log data without the tuner’s approval. Although I generally don’t care too much.

— Ed

vw671

Autocross Newbie
I'm being tuned by Frank@Mabotech. He's OK with me sharing my datalogs but I hesitate because the car is not fully tuned yet and many might miss-interpret the data as such.

May folks always ask me about the e-tuning process. My last Stage-2 FBO tune with Mabotech took about 4-5 days with 6 map revisions with a datalog (4th gear pull from low RPM to redline) between each revision or boost/timing change.

We are still working on this EQT Stage-3 tune but I got a base tune based off my previous Stage-2 tune. There was a 2-3 delay on getting started as I had old gas in my car with E25-E30 which I had to get rid off as I want a 91-pump tune and I had to readjust my wastegate (*not fun). Once I got new 91-Octane in I have about ~10 datalogs with 4 map revisions in only 3 days. We are getting pretty close on the finalized 91-pump tune but still working on it to squeeze out as much power as possible. I am super happy with Frank@Mabotech for his diligence and responsiveness on this e-tuning process.

Keep in mind that ever car will be dramatically different, especially if you run into hardware issues like plugs, coils, boost leaks, bad gas, etc... And the e-tuner your using of course.

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
I'm being tuned by Frank@Mabotech. He's OK with me sharing my datalogs but I hesitate because the car is not fully tuned yet and many might miss-interpret the data as such.

May folks always ask me about the e-tuning process. My last Stage-2 FBO tune with Mabotech took about 4-5 days with 6 map revisions with a datalog (4th gear pull from low RPM to redline) between each revision or boost/timing change.

We are still working on this EQT Stage-3 tune but I got a base tune based off my previous Stage-2 tune. There was a 2-3 delay on getting started as I had old gas in my car with E25-E30 which I had to get rid off as I want a 91-pump tune and I had to readjust my wastegate (*not fun). Once I got new 91-Octane in I have about ~10 datalogs with 4 map revisions in only 3 days. We are getting pretty close on the finalized 91-pump tune but still working on it to squeeze out as much power as possible. I am super happy with Frank@Mabotech for his diligence and responsiveness on this e-tuning process.

Keep in mind that ever car will be dramatically different, especially if you run into hardware issues like plugs, coils, boost leaks, bad gas, etc... And the e-tuner your using of course.

Are you up to 28psi now?