GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 vs Mk6 disappointment

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Yea it would, but we are talking about the same car. A mk6 gti. He said mk6 gti's are slow. If someone said mk7 golfs are slow, would you comment back with your cars mod list?

He didn't say mk6 are slow.

He -specifically- said K03 mk6. This means he's not referring to a mk6 with the level of modification you have.

Kind of amazing you keep digging in here because this ain't that complicated :p

Hoon

Autocross Champion
He didn't say mk6 are slow.

He -specifically- said K03 mk6. This means he's not referring to a mk6 with the level of modification you have.

Kind of amazing you keep digging in here because this ain't that complicated :p

The convo was about a stage 1 MK6...somehow turbo swapped cars are being brought into it. :confused:

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
^^^^

Bro, the first post specifically mentions a stage one mk6, making his comment in reference to said mk6.

come on guy. :p

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
^^^^

Bro, the first post specifically mentions a stage one mk6, making his comment in reference to said mk6.

come on guy. :p

And he made a general comment about mk6's, and it wasn't clear to me that he was ONLY talking about a stage 1 mk6, so I clarified. All he had to do was clarify that he was talking about ONLY stage 1 mk6 and I would have agreed. I mean a stock k03 with e85 isn't slow either. I'm supposed to know he meant ONLY stage 1 mk6's are slow, when he never clarified. Also, If you or anyone else got the impression that I implied I was a k03 I addressed that in the very next comment. I don't know what else you want from me.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Come on guys, bart is right. Everyone else is wrong for being confused :rolleyes:

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
And he made a general comment about mk6's, and it wasn't clear to me that he was ONLY talking about a stage 1 mk6, so I clarified. All he had to do was clarify that he was talking about ONLY stage 1 mk6 and I would have agreed. I mean a stock k03 with e85 isn't slow either. I'm supposed to know he meant ONLY stage 1 mk6's are slow, when he never clarified. Also, If you or anyone else got the impression that I implied I was a k03 I addressed that in the very next comment. I don't know what else you want from me.

Oh yes it most definitely is! The K03 is a crappy little turbo. When I had my MK4 GTI, I swapped it out for the disco potato.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
He's making fun of you....

So what really happened is you quoted the wrong post. If you had quoted the post where he said mk6's are slow, your response would make sense. You, however, quoted his post about the K03, which has been in far more cars than the mk6, and then you were talking about your K04. Do you see how that works, or is confusing to everyone else at least? I'm really just trying to throw you a life line so you stop digging a bigger hole...

Thanks, but I got that he was being sarcastic. I didn't expect this to go as far as it did or for it to confuse as much as it has. If I would have known I would have done just what you said. However, it is common, at least for me, to just latch on to the last comment that is part of a conversation.

All I was really trying to say was that mk6's are not slow. He never really conceded the point, defended his own or clarified that he was only talking about a certain mk6 until other people did it for him much later on.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Never has a thread gotten so off topic but remained true to its title. This whole thing is a "Mk7 vs Mk6 disappointment".