GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Ah no I was specifying those were all stock just like the IS20. Hrm let me fix my verbiage.

Ok thats impressive thanks for clarifying.

So seems like the MK7 turbos have a bit of a bad reputation now. Bummer since not too long ago everyone was touting how stout the engines and turbos were and that only early 2015 IS20s were failing. Or is this being too pessimistic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Ok thats impressive thanks for clarifying.

So seems like the MK7 turbos have a bit of a bad reputation now. Bummer since not too long ago everyone was touting how stout the engines and turbos were and that only early 2015 IS20s were failing. Or is this being too pessimistic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely being pessimistic. The turbo failure problem has not been widespread since EARLY 2015 (pre 2015 build date) models. In other words, the only batches of bad turbos came on cars built between june and december 2014. Every car since then has had a good turbo. not saying nobody has experienced turbo failures, just saying that it was due to normal manufacturing variance, not due to design flaw.

AA 954

Passed Driver's Ed
Had a secondary fuel rail installed this week on the R so I could start running E85, this plus a eurodyne tune added an extra ~50whp from my previous dyno (same dyno was used) - Sorry for the crappy photo quality [emoji51][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
Had a secondary fuel rail installed this week on the R so I could start running E85, this plus a eurodyne tune added an extra ~50whp from my previous dyno (same dyno was used) - Sorry for the crappy photo quality [emoji51][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Damn that looks awesome, very nice!

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Love the green, snow really makes it pop. Wish it was available when I got mine.

funny, his car is either CSG or night blue lol. He's got a 2017, so that's NOT Great Falls Green, it's just blue with the reflection from the snow and the lighting making you think it's green.

Unless I'm wrong and he's done something with the paint and it's actually green.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
funny, his car is either CSG or night blue lol. He's got a 2017, so that's NOT Great Falls Green, it's just blue with the reflection from the snow and the lighting making you think it's green.

Unless I'm wrong and he's done something with the paint and it's actually green.

Could be wrapped.

danvphotos

Passed Driver's Ed
Installed RallyArmor flaps. Not impressed at all. If these were $20 flaps it'd be one thing, but for $150 they aren't worth it at all. I will be buying oem flap kit for the brackets to make custom flaps similiar to the Mk6 guys.

Also just FYI if you have a wagon the rears won't fit right period. They list them as compatible but the bottom of the wagon rear fender liner is different from the golf/GTI/R.

I've got a set of the OEM flaps that I pulled off my car with ~100 miles on it, they're practically brand new. If you're interested in them, shoot me a PM.

I just didn't like how much contact they made with the paint and now little protection they offered on the front.

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI

Haha! Wow yeah looking back now I could see it being blue but man you are right totally thought it was GFG

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Put on my winter setup today [emoji853]

nype

Drag Racing Champion

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
took apart just about every panel in the trunk to look for where the water is coming in. the drain tube from the hatch door handle to the bottom catch was indeed jacked up so im 99% sure thats the issue. new part ordered and i should be able to replace trunk contents soon... including the helix sub... no radio sucks