GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 vs Mk6 disappointment

Ssleepy

Passed Driver's Ed
Let me ask you this... Why did you go with Revo?
Main reason I chose Revo is because a friend of mine had a stage 2 Audi S4 at the time. My car has been revoed for the last two years. I did do research and was torn between Revo and APR but never knew anyone that had an APR car. Which do you prefer?

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Should be impossible.

Even Hitler's mk6 got blown away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYVuuN6ZWyI

Main reason I chose Revo is because a friend of mine had a stage 2 Audi S4 at the time. My car has been revoed for the last two years. I did do research and was torn between Revo and APR but never knew anyone that had an APR car. Which do you prefer?

The thing is that Revo is just not an American company and doesn't have much of a presence over here. Largely unsupported. Many NAR companies doing tunes, so why not go with them?

Ssleepy

Passed Driver's Ed
The thing is that Revo is just not an American company and doesn't have much of a presence over here. Largely unsupported. Many NAR companies doing tunes, so why not go with them?
Appreciate the advice. Can you point me in a more specific direction. Do you know of any decent shops in the NY or NJ area?

Ssleepy

Passed Driver's Ed
I also did change my exhaust to a CTS turbo back from an AWE. Anyone have any negative outcomes using CTs Turboback?

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Appreciate the advice. Can you point me in a more specific direction. Do you know of any decent shops in the NY or NJ area?

Lol. There are SO many options man. United Motorsport, Driver Motorsport, E-Tunes through Cobb/Eurodyne, APR, Unitronic, JB4, the list goes on. Just about all of those are good options. I would suggest United Motorsport, a custom E-tune through one of Cobb's official E-Tuners, or Unitronic. APR is great I just don't like the "big guy" lol - more of a champion of the people so I suggest good companies with smaller footprints.

Ssleepy

Passed Driver's Ed
I really appreciate the info. I have heard that the COBB Tunes are pretty great. Definitely gonna look into it.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I really appreciate the info. I have heard that the COBB Tunes are pretty great. Definitely gonna look into it.

Cobb's OTS tunes are actually pretty weak. The real benefit of getting a Cobb AP3 is to get a pro-tune from a company like Stratified, 5150, Freak, etc.

Ssleepy

Passed Driver's Ed
Cobb's OTS tunes are actually pretty weak. The real benefit of getting a Cobb AP3 is to get a pro-tune from a company like Stratified, 5150, Freak, etc.
Appreciate the advice

Ssleepy

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah, you went backwards. AWE is a great exhaust, one of the best. Why did you switch it out?
Yes, the Revo dealerrecommended the awe exhaust. I had it for about a year and half and then switched to a cts because I had heard one in person and it sounded it a little bit angrier. I probably made a mistake on that one.