GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best bulk oil prices

Fowvaydriver

Ready to race!
Looking to buy oil in bulk to reduce price, future convenience and make sure I have the weight and brand I want always in hand.
Castrol Edge from Walmart comes in 12 5 quart cases in 0w-40 and comes out to 4.50 a quart and would be enough for 100000 miles of driving. Anyone already go down this road?
I would buy a case of oem filters separate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
I buy my oil from costco in 6 quart cases for 25 bucks. Mobile 1 0w-40 European Formula. Not sure how great of a deal it is but I love costco so I cant complain.

edrex

Ready to race!
I buy my oil from costco in 6 quart cases for 25 bucks. Mobile 1 0w-40 European Formula. Not sure how great of a deal it is but I love costco so I cant complain.

My local Costco doesn’t carry the European formula. But I was able to pick up two 5qt jugs of it from Walmart for $22/each then got Mobil’s Fall rebate to bring the cost down to about $12/ea. Ordered a 6 pack of European formula from Costco online for about $35 shipped and I’m good for a couple changes and then some.
OP, you may want to wait for deals to come along instead of stocking up all at once right now, I hear the Mobil rebates come up a couple times a year.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
I always stash oil. Currently have 27 5qt. jugs of Castrol 0W-40 I got at Walmart for $21 each when they blew it out a year or so ago. None of my local stores restocked it and currently about $27 online. Use it in both cars and the lawnmower so worthwhile in my case. The Mobil 1 deal is killer when they do the rebates. Good time to stock up.

SRoads

Ready to race!
All the pennzoil euro formula as seemed to disappear off wally world's shelves the past couple months and not returned.

Anyone know what's up with walmart's oil stock significantly depleting?

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
I've been doing the M1 rebate thing on and off for a long time. Definitely the best way to go.

OP - Check with National Fleet Parts on pricing for a case of MANN filters. Link in my sig to their individual pricing, which is the cheapest I've found per item. I have 2 MK7s so I buy a few from there typically or I look for a 3 pack on Amazon which is sometimes less expensive, but not always.

Parabola

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI, 22 Tiguan
I buy oil from FCP and return old one for either refund or exchange for new kit. So, for cost of shipping I get the 6L of Liqui Moly Leichtlauf synthetic with filter and plug.

SRoads

Ready to race!
I buy oil from FCP and return old one for either refund or exchange for new kit. So, for cost of shipping I get the 6L of Liqui Moly Leichtlauf synthetic with filter and plug.

Nice...they are a good company/dudes. So I will make the personnel choice not to take money from them on wear items.

RichardCranium

Ready to race!
Nice...they are a good company/dudes. So I will make the personnel choice not to take money from them on wear items.

Yeah, I don't think it's fair or realistic to expect them to take a loss on something like that even if it is their policy. I, personally, don't feel comfortable doing that.

I ferreted away a bunch of 0W40 Castrol Edge when they were on sale during Prime day. Anything less than $25 is a decent price. I don't think it's necessary to buy a pallet of it.

rahtx

Go Kart Newbie
Settling in for this week's FCP Euro debate...