GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your VW Driver Gear spring setup.

vlad0821

i have a mk 7 GTI 2 door , 220ps (not the PP) , manual gearbox, with the following axle loads :front 1000kg and rear 890kg.
The kit 5G3071677D with 1010kg front and 890kg rear 2 door is no longer available , can i use the 4 door version with the same load (5G4071677D)?

vlad0821

So i installed DG springs in my mk7 GTI 2door FA:1000kg ,RA:890, MT ,non-PP, my concern is that the front sits well at 350mm fender to center wheel but the rear sits at the same height as OEM. I used part no:5G4071677D(FA 1010kg ,RA:890kg) which is for the 4 door version of the golf. Are the springs stiffer for the 4d version compared to the 2d ?

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
So i installed DG springs in my mk7 GTI 2door FA:1000kg ,RA:890, MT ,non-PP, my concern is that the front sits well at 350mm fender to center wheel but the rear sits at the same height as OEM. I used part no:5G4071677D(FA 1010kg ,RA:890kg) which is for the 4 door version of the golf. Are the springs stiffer for the 4d version compared to the 2d ?

Have you driven on it or did you post after you dropped the car off the stands?

Usually the back drops once the car rolls away.

werkaholik

2018 GTI MK7.5 Autobahn, got about a 5/8" drop or slightly more. Car feels more planted, ride is not too harsh. Could use a little more dampening, Koni struts would likely be a nice upgrade.

This looks perfect. 6MT or dsg and did you do TT spring pads?

Great choice of wheels too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingkhan

Ready to race!
I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to springs.

What exactly is reverse rake, and will I need the TT pads for the rear springs? I have a 2017 6MT GTI.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Reverse rake is when front sits higher than rear.

I’ve seen lots of people using DG springs with 6MT add the TT spring pads.

I didn’t need to use them with mine (DSG).

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks,

Any ideas what the part number for the TT rear pads are? Are they only recommended for MT cars?

I’m sure the PN is in this thread somewhere. Or quite easily found via Google.

From what I have gathered, people with 6MT (lighter front end vs DSG) tend to use the pads.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Thanks,

Any ideas what the part number for the TT rear pads are? Are they only recommended for MT cars?
The TT rear spring pad part number: 8J0512149
Yes its necessary for 6MT owners in order to not have reverse rake. I have them on my car with the DG's and the car is level.

kingkhan

Ready to race!
This might seem like a stupid question, but since the drop on these springs is only about 0.5" on the GTI, wouldn't the spring pads cancel out any drop on the rear?

I'm assuming 5G4071677E would be the right part number for my 2017 GTI with the 6speed manual and non-PP

Thanks again for all the help.

kingkhan

Ready to race!
Well I placed my order at the dealer. The springs are somehow cheaper in Canada.

VW has a promo till the end of the month where you get $25/$100 spent on parts with any service.

I was able to get these springs for $272.85 after taxes.

Will be looking forward to have them installed.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
This might seem like a stupid question, but since the drop on these springs is only about 0.5" on the GTI, wouldn't the spring pads cancel out any drop on the rear?

Overall the DG springs dropped my car about 1 inch. The TT spring pads are only 10mm thicker than the factory spring pads so it doesn't make that much of a difference in overall height, just gets rid of the reverse rake.