GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
I got my power folding mirrors installed yesterday at Kormodiv Tuning. They did a great job and I love the mirrors, especially the aspherical glass.

Navi

Autocross Champion
what didn't you like about the rhino rack?

I'm having my first kid in March so getting all ready for that...was actually about to pull the trigger on a rhino rack the next time there's an ebay sale...I almost bought the whispbars last time around, but found out that they wouldn't allow the sunroof to open with a box mounted on top - so I'm definitely open to the inno bars

also how does the clearance compare from the inno bars to the rhino rack's? Is it pretty close to the sunroof when the sunroof is open with a box mounted?

Thanks!

ok so I always wanted to go with the inno cargo box because I wanted something low and sleek since I park in underground parking garages both where I live and where I work. Second, I needed a box for the same reason as you, because of a child, and his stroller takes up the whole trunk space basically. Congratulations on the first kid btw, but yeah get a cargo box or a new car lol. I really wanted to like the rhino rack.. I looked for months and did a ton of research and couldn't find much information on any bars except for oem or thule. I didn't want thule because they stopped making their bars for the car that covers the end piece.. they only sell the one where the bar continues through the mount, and in my opinion looks kind of odd. So I decided to get the rhino rack. Honestly the quality on it is pretty shit. I mean I would have still run it even with the shit quality because it sits outside in the rain etc and I don't care as long as it doesn't fall off, but the fitment was poor on top of the quality and I measured it out and the bar lengths were off. I would have had to take them to a shop to cut the metal bars for them to fit better. The way it is setup does not allow any play in it. I returned them and ordered the OEM ones... but then I kept thinking I hate how high they are off the car. Ended up going with Inno on the third try lol. Not sure why I didn't go with them initially since I got the inno box lol. I guess because there is literally no info on them. But man let me tell you, the mount system is slick as fuck. It allows you to adjust width of the bars so that they fit perfectly AND it has an axis it rotates around to allow the mounts to "bend/curve" to the roof line. I have not seen this in any other system. Also, just the quality, tools and boxes it comes in scream quality and effort. I'm very happy with the setup.

Clearance is tight. I still have full functionality of my moonroof, but it touches when I slide it back. It's like 1mm of issue. It still opens and slides back without getting stuck or scraping, but they do touch. I've checked the moonroof and since it's glass, there are no scratches or anything. It basically pushes the dirt off of it every time it slides past. I would not say it is an issue. If you go inno, def get the fairing. It will whistle without the fairing, but with the fairing, all you hear is a little more wind noise which is impossible to avoid, but no other weird sounds like whistling lol.

Navi

Autocross Champion
This car is one of the best looking / cleanest I've ever seen. What color is that? Is it just the lighting or is that legit some gray w/green tones I've never seen?

Perfect wheels too. Which ones are they?

Thanks for the compliments. It is a wrap. Avery Matte Khaki Green. The wheels are neuspeed RSE10 hyperblack 18x8.5

slow12s

Ready to race!
ok so I always wanted to go with the inno cargo box because I wanted something low and sleek since I park in underground parking garages both where I live and where I work. Second, I needed a box for the same reason as you, because of a child, and his stroller takes up the whole trunk space basically. Congratulations on the first kid btw, but yeah get a cargo box or a new car lol. I really wanted to like the rhino rack.. I looked for months and did a ton of research and couldn't find much information on any bars except for oem or thule. I didn't want thule because they stopped making their bars for the car that covers the end piece.. they only sell the one where the bar continues through the mount, and in my opinion looks kind of odd. So I decided to get the rhino rack. Honestly the quality on it is pretty shit. I mean I would have still run it even with the shit quality because it sits outside in the rain etc and I don't care as long as it doesn't fall off, but the fitment was poor on top of the quality and I measured it out and the bar lengths were off. I would have had to take them to a shop to cut the metal bars for them to fit better. The way it is setup does not allow any play in it. I returned them and ordered the OEM ones... but then I kept thinking I hate how high they are off the car. Ended up going with Inno on the third try lol. Not sure why I didn't go with them initially since I got the inno box lol. I guess because there is literally no info on them. But man let me tell you, the mount system is slick as fuck. It allows you to adjust width of the bars so that they fit perfectly AND it has an axis it rotates around to allow the mounts to "bend/curve" to the roof line. I have not seen this in any other system. Also, just the quality, tools and boxes it comes in scream quality and effort. I'm very happy with the setup.

Clearance is tight. I still have full functionality of my moonroof, but it touches when I slide it back. It's like 1mm of issue. It still opens and slides back without getting stuck or scraping, but they do touch. I've checked the moonroof and since it's glass, there are no scratches or anything. It basically pushes the dirt off of it every time it slides past. I would not say it is an issue. If you go inno, def get the fairing. It will whistle without the fairing, but with the fairing, all you hear is a little more wind noise which is impossible to avoid, but no other weird sounds like whistling lol.

thank you so much for the answers and info! I'm going to be looking into the Inno quite a bit now, I honestly didn't even know it existed until your post and I've been looking into roof racks for the last handful of months...I'll look closer into their boxes as well, I've been somewhat set on the thule motion XT because I figured the stroller might be tough to fit in a skinnier box (uppababy vista so not the smallest), but the inno's are very sleek looking...I've messed around with thule boxes, never with an inno though so I don't really know if inno is better/worse/the same quality wise, have you tried out multiple boxes as well or just multiple racks? The clamps between the thule and inno boxes seem to be close in size as far as what actually hangs down and would touch the glass. Thanks man, I can't believe this hasn't been posted before! You may have just diverted my $400+ from rhino over to inno lol

MEM GTI

Ready to race!
Thanks for the compliments. It is a wrap. Avery Matte Khaki Green. The wheels are neuspeed RSE10 hyperblack 18x8.5

Such a good look! Did you put a regular golf or Golf R front bumper on? Also, what size rubber did you go with on the RSE 10s? That’s the wheel I want but never pull the trigger on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DonTuan

Passed Driver's Ed
inno fairing, inno roof rack and inno wedge 660 cargo box. I need to do a review on their products. They are amazing. I tried a rhino rack before and it's absolute shit. Inno is another swedish company like Thule but bigger on the west coast in the US and in Japan, so not that many people talk about it. I am really happy with their set up.

Inno is NOT a Swedish company. They originated in Japan since the 60’s.... http://usa.innoracks.com/about-us/

But I agree...they make great products and IMO the best looking cargo boxes currently available.

Attachments

• 7C367E52-65B0-4FB0-9021-386F9647D752.jpeg
    7C367E52-65B0-4FB0-9021-386F9647D752.jpeg
    380.4 KB · Views: 828

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Had a local Mk7.5 in for a full round of stage 2 mods. Crazy small world, his step dad is none other than Rally X champion Scott Speed! Living in the racing capital of America you never know who you’re gonna meet

Last edited:

Navi

Autocross Champion
Inno is NOT a Swedish company. They originated in Japan since the 60’s.... http://usa.innoracks.com/about-us/

But I agree...they make great products and IMO the best looking cargo boxes currently available.

Hey man thanks for all the help and answering my questions. Def helped sway me. Not sure why I thought swedish. Could have sworn I read that somewhere. Thanks for correcting me though. I hate spreading incorrect information. Still a very high quality product.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Installed OEM roof bars to go with two bike trays (Rocky Mount). Will be going with Inno fairing down the road.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Installed new halogen bulbs. Philips Xtreme vision. Definitely a lot whiter and nicer look. Install was annoying af though, make me grateful for having smaller hands for the first time.