GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Great Tune debate

Burner21

What do you guys think about these? Stock VW NGK plugs. 39,000. Got APR stage 1 a few days before changing them. Before that the car was stock. The gap was about .031 when I took them out.

Also, I wanted to share that the dsg tune with apr seems to be key. My car drives like it should of off the lot from VW. I really like it!

Attachments

• signal-2018-11-08-150736.jpg
    signal-2018-11-08-150736.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:

pieguy

Ready to race!
Looks pretty good. Our cars naturally run lean. Glad you didn't change plugs at stage 1.

Burner21

Looks pretty good. Our cars naturally run lean. Glad you didn't change plugs at stage 1.

I do have RS7 plugs, but I just put the stock back in. Seems to run well. No codes. I did gap them .024 instead though. The factory ones...

Last edited:

pieguy

Ready to race!
Using anything other than the stock plugs on really hard performing stage 2 and beyond is a waste. More effort and cost than needed. My rs7 plugs idled like crap at .025 when I put them in. Using brisk from now on.

Mels15GTI

Ready to race!
That's disconcerting. I was under the impression that with a JB4 + downpipe, 93 octane and intake panel filter or whole unit that we would be around 300 whp.. oh well.. guess it will be a tune in the future when PT warranty runs out.

I did 297/335 on map2 with a downpipe. This is at sea level on a 90 degree day with slipping clutch and heat soak in the last two pulls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk