GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil Pan - Metal

WhiteTigerSE

Passed Driver's Ed
You have no idea what you're talking about. Please stop posting.

I have the OEM skid tray and it's bulletproof. It is the only option that bolts to the frame.

What is an OEM skid tray? Are you talking about a splash shield?

https://www.vwcarpart.com/oem-parts...ezuB7sl7e4YfMyCHDHMQja2zhAVAcPzoaAgHvEALw_wcB

Not sure if you read my later comments, but I ended up buying an OEM skid plate from a European seller on e-bay.

I did not know there were OEM parts here in the U.S. that came standard on some of the cars sold... I assumed the standard was what I showed in the picture you quoted. So my bad for making an assumption.

nonegiven

Go Kart Newbie
What is an OEM skid tray? Are you talking about a splash shield?

https://www.vwcarpart.com/oem-parts...ezuB7sl7e4YfMyCHDHMQja2zhAVAcPzoaAgHvEALw_wcB

Not sure if you read my later comments, but I ended up buying an OEM skid plate from a European seller on e-bay.

I did not know there were OEM parts here in the U.S. that came standard on some of the cars sold... I assumed the standard was what I showed in the picture you quoted. So my bad for making an assumption.
Now you have the correct skid tray. Make sure you get the mounting pieces as well. It's a pain to install but you'll never worry about your oil pan again.

The only downside is that the skid tray isn't compatible with any FMICs.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
The only downside is that the skid tray isn't compatible with any FMICs.[/QUOTE said:
About to buy one when I read this comment...:(

nonegiven

Go Kart Newbie
About to buy one when I read this comment...:(

Yup. The piping goes right where the OEM skid tray brackets are and I’d bet that the optional brackets for the ECS street shield that attach to the frame are also going to be in the way.

If you’re set on an FMIC, getting a steel pan is your best bet along with a full aero tray like the optional OEM one, the aliexpress one or the ECS shield without the supports.

WhyNotZoidberg?

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 2015 TDI
Surprised no one here has heard of the iabed pan either. It's like the ECS pan but with much better internal baffling.

None of the Iabed pans I've found fit the Mk7.
If you know of a Mk7 one, please share with the class.

805mk7gti

Ready to race!

Attachments

• 15417798125491.jpg
    15417798125491.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 243
  • 15417797905520.jpg
    15417797905520.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 237

WhyNotZoidberg?

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 2015 TDI

WhyNotZoidberg?

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 2015 TDI
Might have linked to the wrong one but there is an EA883 version. Confirmed by iabed a few months ago.

Then it would make sense to keep it hidden, it's not like he made it to sell it :D