GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
How do you like the frothe? Do you have the aerator pump thingy? I’m looking for a decent waterless wash winter solution.

Got a link to the eBay extractor?

My car was probably a bit dirtier than it should have been to use Frothe. I pressure washed before to knock off some loose dirt, etc. TBH, slightly disappointed. I applied more than what was recommended, as the car was dirtier, and I didnt experience the lift as expected. That being said, I will continue to use and am a HUGE fan of Hydrate, and everything else. The aerator was good, foam is nice. I don't have experience with the IK, so can't compare to anything else

Extractor

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Installed a RSB. Quick test drive on about a dozen roundabouts felt very good. Rear felt much flatter...like 4 wheels on the ground instead of 3. :)

Is this 24mm? I'm looking at getting one as well, seems like Eibach and ST are the two cheapest options. What made you go for H&R?

Damn, good price. I was about to jump on the one ECS sells, on sale now for $68.63, not sure if it's worth it.

Predatorbird

Ready to race!
Picked up a used APR catback yesterday. I spent a couple of hours wetsanding the rear section to give it a more mirror finish. I installed it after I was done.

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
Is this 24mm? I'm looking at getting one as well, seems like Eibach and ST are the two cheapest options. What made you go for H&R?

Yeah, that’s a 24. I had some points to use so it was a pretty good deal. I doubt it matters which one. I had a hard time deciding. Decided to go solid instead of hollow. Didn’t want to go mega stiff. The 24 sounded like a good level for street.

The only thing H&R offered I didn’t see anywhere else was maintenance free bushings. No grease needed supposedly. We’ll see. German was a plus. I noticed they’re the only bar without stops for the bushings...didn’t know what to do with that. Doubt it matters, and the OEM doesn’t have them either.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Got a set of Continental DWS 06's installed. :cool:
I can already feel a big difference.
Looking forward to seeing how much better they are in the wet than the Pirelli Cintuartao's were.
The Pirelli's had to be babied on wet surfaces.

TastyPancakes

Ready to race!
Installed Super Pro end links last night; I replaced the stock ones. Also took the chance to replace the sway bar bushings because one had cracked and I believe was part of the reason I was getting clunks in the rear. I paired them with my 034 sway bar.

Halfway through the job I realized that the bottom of the end link was literally too wide to fit into the control arm, even with lubrication and brute force. I had to take a grinder to them and shave them down a hair to get them to fit. It was extremely annoying, especially when you have paid $150 and expect them to pop right in. I researched the end links before purchasing this and didn’t run across any mention of this issue.

I was really happy though when I took it for a drive and the rear was completely silent and felt a tad bit stiffer/ more responsive than before, so money well spent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navi

Autocross Champion
Installed Super Pro end links last night; I replaced the stock ones. Also took the chance to replace the sway bar bushings because one had cracked and I believe was part of the reason I was getting clunks in the rear. I paired them with my 034 sway bar.

Halfway through the job I realized that the bottom of the end link was literally too wide to fit into the control arm, even with lubrication and brute force. I had to take a grinder to them and shave them down a hair to get them to fit. It was extremely annoying, especially when you have paid $150 and expect them to pop right in. I researched the end links before purchasing this and didn’t run across any mention of this issue.

I was really happy though when I took it for a drive and the rear was completely silent and felt a tad bit stiffer/ more responsive than before, so money well spent.

That's interesting. I'm running the same end links and they fit fine. I wonder why yours were out of spec. Was this both sides? Or just one side?

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Installed my PR stage 3 lpfp and welded I. My resonator

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Wrapped my grill strip in chrome. I like the all blue and chrome look with the non performance pack badges/headlights better than the red. I’ll see how I feel about it, next step is Golf R lights.

m3lonbr3ad

Ready to race!

I experienced this too with the superpro end links. I had to use a considerable amount of force but managed to get them mostly into place. Got the holes aligned and then bolted them up. Hopefully I didn't damage them in the process. Definitely didn't expect them to take nearly as long as they did.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Swapped out my Michelin Pilot Super Sports that are mounted to a set of neuspeed RSe05s to my all weather Nokian WRG3s mounted on my stock wheels.

The WRG3s seem to have better traction on the colder pavement.

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
Swapped out my Michelin Pilot Super Sports that are mounted to a set of neuspeed RSe05s to my all weather Nokian WRG3s mounted on my stock wheels.

The WRG3s seem to have better traction on the colder pavement.

Love my WRG3s freaking amazing in deep snow and ice and on dry roads