GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
I'm suspecting it is a counterfeit. My reason is that they does not advertise as Forge on their description.
Yeah I assume the same as well. As long as there aren't any issues with it I will be happy. I suspect Forge isn't too pleased.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
EQT turbo

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Got my ECS GTI center console tray.

slow12s

Ready to race!
Got my ECS GTI center console tray.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181023/a44a82948f625dc1d5a9cb604a0d0236.jpg[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181023/df5b1428e548f69289a45224fa458f9e.jpg[/QUOTE]

I really like that...been wanting something like this since I first bought the car...thanks for posting, didn't even know they made this

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Last edited:

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Is there clearance anywhere to run a cable out? (Ex. charging a device from the socket in the center console and having it resting in the cupholder.)
No the tray does not have a provision for a cable. If you were handy with a dremel or a drill you could just open up a hole to have cables come through. But then since the armrest latches shut you may be squeezing the cable with the armrest.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Got my ECS GTI center console tray.

I had a similar tray in my old Mk5 long ago, it had a false bottom in the biggest compartment which could be removed creating a deeper compartment (which from your pictures looks the same) or could be put back concealing small items if your that way inclined!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
I have an identical tray from China via Ebay, without the obnoxious ECS logo, of course. Otherwise looks exactly the same. $9 including free shipping. Hell I'd pay the difference just to NOT have to look at that damn logo!
I searched high and low for a console tray specifically for the GTI with no luck. It seems like all the ones for sale on Ebay/Ali Express were made for the Golf R which does not have a recess for the latch mechanism the GTI has. The picture below shows the difference. The left is Golf R, right GTI console.

Last edited:

TheSkeptic

Ready to race!
I searched high and low for a console tray specifically for the GTI with no luck. It seems like all the ones for sale on Ebay/Ali Express were made for the Golf R which does not have a recess for the latch mechanism the GTI has. The picture below shows the difference. The left is Golf R, right GTI console.
I too would like to find a tray for the NA GTI.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI