GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Changed the oil today, I am still amazed at how much easier this is to do than on my MK5

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
How many KM's you at now Clem?

I engaged winter mode today, swapping on my 17's and gave it one final good wash before weather turns to shit for the next 5 months.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
How many KM's you at now Clem?

I engaged winter mode today, swapping on my 17's and gave it one final good wash before weather turns to shit for the next 5 months.

Im at 16,700km now and with more to come! I will also be engaging winter mode soon, just waiting for it to be colder. I can't wait to try out the winter tires+VAQ diff+ESC Off in the snow[emoji3]

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Installed and subsequently uninstalled the Unitronic stage II overrun file for my ride. Installed on Friday and removed on Saturday. My impression was that the noise was kinda nice. The pops were kind of cool but the throttle response became jerky when letting off throttle whilst the pops were going on. It was a very odd sensation and removed the refinement of their standard stage 2 tune which I've been running for a year and a half now. So back to the standard file I went and all is well again. :)

GTIjush

Passed Driver's Ed
Took my babies for a drive.

Got it back from body shop after some asshole backed into my car and fled the scene. Painted my mirror caps gloss black and debadged fenders in the mix. New bumper no holes! Eyyy, glass half full.

Edit: Needs a drop and spacers, I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
^
Damn, they fucking hit it hard.

Driving off after that is outrageous, some people have no respect at all.

Those pictures in sequence are shocking, it's like "oh happy dog!" then "oh! wtf!?"

BenGTI1

Owned a mk 7.5 GTI(230ps manual) for a few weeks now, just back from a trip to the Lake District and surprisingly got 415 miles from the tank, mainly motorway driving with the beloved M6 50mph zone but also some *ahem* ‘spirited’ country road driving.

In love with this car so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTIjush

Passed Driver's Ed
^
Damn, they fucking hit it hard.

Driving off after that is outrageous, some people have no respect at all.

Those pictures in sequence are shocking, it's like "oh happy dog!" then "oh! wtf!?"

Haha sorry for the emotional roller coaster.

Guy's windows were rolled down and he went, "at least your light still works" and drove off. Just about flipped my shit. Got his plates and it was covered by his insurance. Worked out in the end but some people...

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
disabled NAR lighting restrictions.....learning curve as I had trouble getting errors to go away but 99% sure that was operator error. we'll see when I drive at night if I can tell any improvement. I already think this car has amazing lights.

Mud

GTIjush

Passed Driver's Ed
disabled NAR lighting restrictions.....learning curve as I had trouble getting errors to go away but 99% sure that was operator error. we'll see when I drive at night if I can tell any improvement. I already think this car has amazing lights.

Mud

Really wakes 'em up. Has saved a couple deer in my commute :p

chiefhiawatha

Ready to race!
Took out and cleaned my afe drop in filter (oiled). Damn I guess 25,000 miles is too long a cleaning interval. Tons of dirt and debris came out when I rapped it onto a picnic table. No reason why I waited so long other than I forgot about it. I enjoyed cleaning it all up and oiling it.

stillwellm10

Ready to race!
Took out and cleaned my afe drop in filter (oiled). Damn I guess 25,000 miles is too long a cleaning interval. Tons of dirt and debris came out when I rapped it onto a picnic table. No reason why I waited so long other than I forgot about it. I enjoyed cleaning it all up and oiling it.
I have the VWR drop in filter, and I've been cleaning/reoiling it every 10k. :)

Sent from my S8+ using Tapatalk

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG